When traveling to Napa Valley, there are a few things you must have at your hotel for the trip to be perfect, and I found it hard to find one single thing wrong with this hotel. This was my 3rd time visiting the Villagio, and it gets better every time.
Large clean rooms with full amenities and large bathrooms (double bed rooms are on the lower levels, king bed rooms are on the upper levels); a decadent gourmet breakfast served every morning from 7am - 10am (you need a full belly of food before drinking wine all day); a fantastic spa facility on property, including steam, dry sauna, outdoor whirlpool, indoor and outdoor fireplaces and relaxation areas; a more-than-adequate neighboring gym (more low-brow than high brow, with limited cardio equipment but with substantial weights); a heated pool with cabana service and outdoor hot tub; a location second-to-none, where you can walk to dinner every night (botegga, reddwood, redd, bouchon, the french laundry, etc...)(no driving required at night!); and you're in Yountville, which is 5 minutes from the southern side of the Silverado Trail, 5 minutes to Oakville, 10 minutes to St Helena, and 20 minutes to Calistoga.
Auberge du Soliel gets all of the press, and it is very nice. For twice the price.
Meadowood and Solage are also very nice. Also pricier and more remote.
The Villagio has everything you need, promotes walking at night, has a few tasting salons in the area (Hope & Grace, Beau Vigne), and a small market is right across the street for incidentals, water, snacks, etc..
You simply can't find a better place to stay for your short or long stays in Napa Valley...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villagio Inn & Spa named to Travel+Leisure Magazine's 2012 "500 Best Hotels in the World", as well as T+L's 2011 Top 50 Hotels in the United States. An AAA Four Diamond Award Property, it blends the active, contemporary flavors of California's Napa Valley wine country with the warmth and charm of a countryside village in Tuscany. Villagio's 112 guest rooms, Spa Villagio and executive conference center are situated in a lush garden setting and just walking distance to the Town of Yountville's michelin star restaurants and celebrity chefs. Every guest room features oversize sunken bathtub, fireplace, robes, a complimentary bottle of wine upon check-in, flat screen television and in-room coffee and tea. A daily champagne breakfast buffet and afternoon tea service is included with every stay. Villagio Inn & Spa has recently been recognized as a winner of TripAdvisor's 2012 Certificate of Excellence award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Villagio Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villagio Hotel Yountville
- Villagio Inn And Spa Yountville, Napa Valley, CA