Being a resident of the SF Bay Area, I've done my share of day trips as well as overnight trips to the Napa Valley. These days, I just stay in Yountville and leave the driving up and down Hiway 29 to the rest of the crowds. Yountville has a great selection of tasting rooms, shopping, and restaurants (French Laundry and Redd Wood, anyone?), and hotels - Villagio Inn and its sister property, Vintage Inn, being two of them. The rooms in both are pretty identical -- spacious, comfy bed, Nespresso machines, and we often get upgraded to a suite on the second floor which has a nice balcony. The breakfasts are great in both, though the one in Villagio Inn is a bit more generous. Overall, Villagio is a bigger property so their afternoon activities (tea, wine tasting, bar offerings) are better. The spa is here, too, and I've never had a bad experience there, both in terms of service or cleanliness. I've often stayed here when there's a special occasion (b'day, anniversary), which I mention when I'm making the reservation, and the staff never fails to recognize it by having a bottle of bubbly delivered to my room (in addition to the complimentary bottle of wine that comes with every reservation). I highly recommend both properties!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villagio Inn & Spa named to Travel+Leisure Magazine's 2012 "500 Best Hotels in the World", as well as T+L's 2011 Top 50 Hotels in the United States. An AAA Four Diamond Award Property, it blends the active, contemporary flavors of California's Napa Valley wine country with the warmth and charm of a countryside village in Tuscany. Villagio's 112 guest rooms, Spa Villagio and executive conference center are situated in a lush garden setting and just walking distance to the Town of Yountville's michelin star restaurants and celebrity chefs. Every guest room features oversize sunken bathtub, fireplace, robes, a complimentary bottle of wine upon check-in, flat screen television and in-room coffee and tea. A daily champagne breakfast buffet and afternoon tea service is included with every stay. Villagio Inn & Spa has recently been recognized as a winner of TripAdvisor's 2012 Certificate of Excellence award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Jetsetter, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Otel so you can book your Villagio Inn and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villagio Hotel Yountville
- Villagio Inn And Spa Yountville, Napa Valley, CA