“Grounds Facing the Highway” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
WinterScape In Yountville
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Yountville
San Francisco, California, United States
“Grounds Facing the Highway”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Really?? Nobody ever noticed Highway 29 before? Marvelous buildings, beautiful garden, great pool, very tasteful room decoration, excellent service. I was guided by the reviews here and stayed the first weekend of May 2013 in this gorgeous hotel. But, the hotel grounds are immediately bordering the St. Helena Highway! The pool is great but the traffic noise is really uncomfortable. Also, the day & night traffic noise gets into the rooms close to the parking lot. My room was on the parking lot side facing the highway. I slept with earplugs in my $500 ground floor room and was thinking about what to put in my TripAdvisor review: go check a map before deciding on a beautiful hotel. I will be more careful with my next Yountville hotel room choice and not book the Villagio for an overnight stay again.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is far away from the Highway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We arrived at the Villagio and were immediately greeted with welcome cocktail and friendly staff. The Villagio was like a mini Tuscany, very romantic spot. The room was lovely with a private terrace. The breakfast was great, good variety of food, omlet station, complimentary, drinks, latte's etc. Afternoon tea was delightful sitting outside looking onto a vineyard. The spa is really nice. There was nothing lacking in this place. Quick walk to Bottega or Redd for dinner highly recommended.

Room Tip: The Villagio is close to the highway so I would recommend a room away from the pool area which backs...
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel, right in the heart of Yountville - walking distance from some of the best restaurants in Napa Valley. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and the rooms are spacious and well equipped. The pool area is very nice and breakfast was wonderful each day. The service was exemplary - every single person we interacted with was friendly, helpful and professional. We will be back!

Los Altos , ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The smal town of Yountville is a great getaway destination for foodies with more highly regarded restaurants than most large cities and choosing to stay at the Villagio Inn is a delightful choice. This inn's rates provide a wonderful value for the high level of amenities and service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Amazing landscaping will welcome you! The grounds are beautiful! The rooms are luxurious with a ton of space. Staff was all friendly and inviting. Concierge set us up with the most wonderful private driver that took us to her house where she makes her own chardonnay (this was the "first" time she had done this so don't expect it from drivers). Breakfast was good with an omelette and waffle stations. The spa was the amazing, fireplaces, steam room, sauna and private baths. Spa even stays open after hours and the pool and hot tub are open 24 hours. Everything is a short walk from your hotel. Best part was the fireplace in the room and cuddling up to your significant other.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed at the Villagio a few years ago and loved it. This time we were only there for one night, but it was almost as good. Some of the decor in the room is looking a little tired, but overall I would definitely recommend the Villagio. We were welcomed with a complimentary bottle of chardonnay in our large, comfortable room. The included breakfast in the morning is substantial (I recommend getting an omelette or eggs made to order) and convenient. Staff were friendly, and the location can't be beat! Almost a dozen fabulous restaurants are within walking distance - it's always a challenge to decide which one to go to! A great base for exploring Napa Valley.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

showed up at 2pm and was told they have 4pm guarantee for rooms so I waited patiently. went out and then asked again at 3:50. not quite ready. received a call at 4:30 letting me know my room was ready and my bags were in the room. yes..room was finally ready however bags were not in my room. Loved the room despite the many spiders. very nice rooms. I enjoyed the warm white wine upon arrival. I then decided to check out the pool. Also very nice. however after ordering a drink and waiting and waiting and waiting...finally I decided to leave the pool area when a staff member then lets me know they aren't able to make my drink as they didn't have the mix. I mentioned my poor experience to a few staff members who looked at me with a blank stare. finally...upon checkout where they had the wrong name in the system I asked about the 4pm room guarantee and about the poor service. Lucky me I received 10% off of one night after having to make an ordeal of it. although I love the hotel itself and location...service needs a lot of work.

• Stayed May 2013
SNDempsey, Director of Operations at Villagio Inn and Spa, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
To our valued guest we extend our sincere apologies, it appears that you experienced several lapses in guest service. First off, we apologize for not having appropriated your luggage in a timely manner, we hope that it did make it to your room shortly thereafter. In light of the fact that we're unable to obtain your room number or location through your review, I have asked our housekeeping and facilities managers to diligently inspect all rooms for spiders as this is a very unusual observation for our hotel, Villagio prides itself on a history of providing our guests with nothing but the cleanest and insect-free guest rooms possible. I regret that we were not able to produce and serve your drink of choice during your pool visit, no matter how busy our pools can be the minimum expectation is that you get the drink as presented on our cocktail list. Lastly, we apologize for the confusion at the front desk upon check out, it is very odd that your name was correct at check-in but not at check out. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you'd like to discuss. Sean Dempsey, Director of Operations (707) 945-4544.

Been to Villagio Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!