“Deep Fried Soft Boiled Egg” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bottega Napa Valley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 22 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Chef Michael Chiarello has returned to his culinary roots by creating seasonal farm-to-table Italian cuisine reflecting the bold flavors of Chiarello’s heritage in his signature style 1st made famous at Tra Vigne in the 90’s. An award winning chef/vintner & Food Network host, Chiarello celebrates his Italian roots and the Napa Valley with a menu echoing his long practice of using the finest locally/sustainably produced food. Located in Yountville, in the heart of the Napa Valley, Bottega’s extensive wine list represents hard-to-find favorites of the Valley and interesting Italian selections. Chiarello restored the integrity of an old 1800’s estate by uncovering beautiful hard wood floors, timber beams, old brick walls and windows. The inviting dining room is accented with reclaimed antiques, warm fabrics and eclectic light fixtures lending to the restaurant’s old world comfort.
Barrington, Illinois
“Deep Fried Soft Boiled Egg”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

How the heck do they deep fry a soft boiled egg? It was part of an appetizer called Green Eggs and Ham. We had a wonderful dinner at Bottega on the first night of our trip. We were thankful to be in the far room where I had a great view of the finishing oven -900 degrees and the dessert kitchen. Every course was memorable and well- served. Loved it all.

Genoa, Italy
“Good...definitely not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I simply expected a lot more from this Italian-meets-California cuisine top spot. The menu looks fantastic and the wine list is - unsurprisingly given the location - superb, but the food was a bit of a letdown. Best flavors came from the calamari and the truffle fries, which says a lot. Meatball starter was juicy but too fatty, my duck was definitely undercooked, and my wife's ribs were a tad burned. I tend to give restaurants a little break when they have to deal with large tables, but in this case the difference between presentation and taste was simply too staggering. Willing to give it another shot, but Yountville has so much to offer it might take us a while

Miami Beach
“Great ribs with uneven service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I dined alone at Bottega as my partner was not feeling
well the night of our reservation.
I had read the great reviews of their ribs and looked
forward to enjoying that particular dish.
The ribs were delicious...tender and very flavorful.
However, the service was subpar...I honestly felt
my server was disappointed he was serving a table
of one, not more. He, in particular, had a disagreeable
expression when I declined having dessert. We had
already eaten much more than we normally do on this
8 day trip to the Napa Valley, and I needed to cut back
somewhere.
Also, I received another table's bill at the end of my meal..
an error anyone might make. Coupled, however, with
the less than stellar attitude I felt I'd already received, I
feel it necessary to mark Bottega down a bit on this review.

Chicago, Illinois
“What a miss in Yountville”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Three nights in Yountville to celebrate 30 years of bliss. Lots of choices (let's exclude French Laundry) and we like to make the last night special. Had a 9:15 reservation and was seated at 9:15. Nice start. Oh that is the highlight. Took 30 minutes thereafter until our wine showed up. A little later some bread. Waiter wasn't very informed on any gluten free options. Come on everyone has this now. Turns out he was more interested in the birthday party of 14 patrons in the private room than us or the newlywed kids next to us. OK he was obviously working a big tip there but why is the bus boy more attentive to us asking if we enjoyed the food than the waiter? By the way we had absolutely nothing special with regards to the food. What a let down for our last evening...

The extent of the restaurant acknowledging our anniversary was a 3 x 5 hand written card even though they knew in advance. Wasn't looking for a hand out but how about making us feel a little special? Next time I guess I need people to sing Happy Birthday.

Had options...made the wrong choice...hope others learn from this.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Napa, California
“Too Loud”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have been wanting to go to Bottega for years and finally took my friend for a very special birthday. The only reservation we could get was 5:15. The place was empty when we arrived on time, we had to wait about 10 mins to be seated with no apology or eye contact from the hostess.

The place filled up quickly and we found ourselves have to almost yell across the very small table to be heard.

We ordered 3 appetizers to share. The Pesce Crudo for the day was Ahi.$16.00 We were served 3 1/2" square very very thin slices of Ahi presented on a salt block. It was all about the presentation but it defiantly was not an app to be shared.

They did present my friends desert on a special plate with birthday wishes in chocolate.

Very noisy, but not worth the hype. Too many other great restaurants in Napa

• Visited September 2013