“Another amazing experience in Yountville” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bottega Napa Valley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 22 Restaurants in Yountville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Chef Michael Chiarello has returned to his culinary roots by creating seasonal farm-to-table Italian cuisine reflecting the bold flavors of Chiarello’s heritage in his signature style 1st made famous at Tra Vigne in the 90’s. An award winning chef/vintner & Food Network host, Chiarello celebrates his Italian roots and the Napa Valley with a menu echoing his long practice of using the finest locally/sustainably produced food. Located in Yountville, in the heart of the Napa Valley, Bottega’s extensive wine list represents hard-to-find favorites of the Valley and interesting Italian selections. Chiarello restored the integrity of an old 1800’s estate by uncovering beautiful hard wood floors, timber beams, old brick walls and windows. The inviting dining room is accented with reclaimed antiques, warm fabrics and eclectic light fixtures lending to the restaurant’s old world comfort.
Ca
“Another amazing experience in Yountville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Another amazing experience in Yountville.
Was more than a weekend getaway …. It was a culinary experience. We stopped a little bit to our favorite bakery and then we decided to be touristy…. Went shopping at the MarketPlace…. You have to go there the Panama Hat store it’s just fabulous. The art galleries are very nice, although the pieces exhibited are very pricey.
So finally we decided to have lunch. There are so many options out there, it’s just amazing took us about 1.5h to decide what to try this time. So we did …..we tried Botega. They were not very busy, as it was shortly after the lunch crowd….but because they were getting ready for a wine tasting event we didn’t get to stay on the patio.
The service was fine but the food was extraordinary. We had the Brussels sprouts salad and the grilled octopus for appetizers. I believe this was the best choice ever. The grilled octopus was amazing, tender and sweet and the greens salad just fabulous.
We had the Black Garlic Spaghetti with head-on gulf prawns and mushrooms and the Mediterranean seafood brodetto with tarragon …..so delicious. We loved both dishes and I am looking forward for my next visit there….maybe for dinner this time.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Serving Up Greatness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Chef Chiarello has established this property as one of Napa's finest Italian restaurant's. A wonderful and romantic setting supported by a superb staff. Food, wine,and service.........doesn't get any better.

Visited February 2013
jacko_jackson
“Lively spot with great Italian fare.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My older brother swore by this place so although we were staying in Sonoma, we had to try it out. It wasn't that bad of a drive, maybe 40 min each way. We were surprised to see that open table had a ton of reservation times available so we were able to get a nice table at 8pm on a Friday evening. Overall the food was fantastic. The restaurant design itself didn't jump out at me as the nicest place ever but there was a good buzz and you could tell everyone was loving their food. Numerous tables were there for anniversary dinners. The Chef (who I remember from Top Chef Masters) even did a cameo walk through to check on everyone.

First courses were as good as they get. The polenta under glass is a top 5 dish I've tried of all time, although I'm probably still feeling the effects of its richness - well worth it though. Minestrone soup was authentic and legit. We then split a bolognese pasta dish for yet another appetizer and although we were pretty much full, it was great idea. I got a whole roasted fish with xo sauce that I would match up with any fish I've eaten anywhere. Eggplant on the side was perfect. My wife ordered the short rib which was as expected, delicious. Perhaps a little too saucy but taste was incredible. We didn't even have room for dessert, which is basically a first for us. I hope next time we get to check out Yountville a little bit more it seemed like a cute little area. We'd likely pick Bottega again even with all the amazing and world class choices to eat there.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Phenix City, Alabama
“Just Right at the End of a Busy Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had a busy day doing a winery tour and a little shopping and a big lunch, so we weren't too hungry on our visit to Bottega. We decided to just have the Pasta Bolognese and a nice bottle of wine. What a perfect choice! The pasta is as good as we have ever eaten.

The waiter respected our wishes and didn't seem disgruntled that we didn't order more.

My wife insisted that we dine here on our return trip to Napa Valley, since she previously got her photo snapped with Michael Chiarello. Should I be jealous?

Visited February 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Awesome food, great atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is not my first visit to Bottega and it will not be my last. I went without reservations and still sat immediately. Beautiful decor, great service in the bar area and top notch food quality.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere