“Best weekend ever!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
San Francisco, California
“Best weekend ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I can not tell you how much I loved my recent stay at the Napa Valley. I will admit that a huge reason for the wonderful weekend was the fact that my boyfriend proposed to me there... but so much of the memories were made possible because of this hotel. The suite we stayed in was beyond words - spacious and cozy with a balcony overlooking vineyards. The ideal place for a proposal! That special moment aside for a minute... the lobby is sweet, the pool and outside "hang out" areas are ideal for Napa weather, the little gym is just right, the whole feel is just wonderful. More than that though, the staff went SO above and beyond to help make this weekend perfect for us. From the planning to the actual moment and even to the follow up of sharing stories afterwards, they made this personal for them and what more could you ask for in a hotel experience. I am SO happy that we got engaged at Napa Valley Lodge... because now we have a reason to go back EVERY YEAR!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim M, General Manager at Napa Valley Lodge, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Jennifer,

It was our absolute pleasure to have played a role in such a special moment. We were honored to have had the opportunity. It's also wonderful to know you enjoyed your stay from start to finish. We look forward to welcoming you back next year.

859 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Ortonville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The first time we visited the Napa Valley Lodge was about 5 years ago. We so enjoyed it then, that we decided to stay there again this year. We are just home from a trip to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and my birthday. We had 7 couples total, with as many rooms reserved. We reserved all King Rooms with a view - some over the gardens, and some over the pool/courtyard. Only one of the rooms did not have what I would call a "view" - a large tree successful in totally blocking any view at all was right outside their room, but other than that, all very nice. The rooms are very comfortable, very clean. The staff is friendly and professional. Working with Beverlee, the Group Sales Coordinator, beforehand, was a pleasant experience. I found out that she had been juggling several "surprises" between all the couples (flowers and champagne in our room, a welcome package from us in all of theirs), but she managed to keep it all straight and everything was presented in a lovely fashion. This hotel is walking distance to several great restaurants, some shopping, and the yummy Bouchon Bakery, and not a long drive from all the wineries you could possbily want to visit. A practically flawless vacation, which I consider an exceptional feat traveling with so many! I would highly recommend the Napa Valley Lodge.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear lstone518,

I'm honored you thought of us even after 5 years time. I couldn't think of a more enjoyable way to spend such special occasions. Thank you for bringing the whole group to stay with us. Beverlee will be happy to learn that her efforts were appreciated. I'll be sure to pass along your compliments. I hope you won't wait another 5 years to return.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The Napa Valley Lodge is an outstanding hotel with several great amenities. This clearly seems to be a facility that to caters to couples/romance. They are located a few blocks outside the center of Yountville, a short walk from restaurants.

The rooms are spacious, clean and they offer upscale amenities. There was a balcony included with our room, and I'm pretty sure it's offered for every room. It was nice to sit out there and unwind.

The staff was very helpful, as they gave us some tips on things to see and do while in Napa. They even left a complementary bottle of wine in our room to help us celebrate a birthday. They were very attentive.

They offer a selection of pillows (firm to fluffy), with a nightly turndown service. The bed was very, very comfortable (I'm very picky about this).

The grounds are immaculate, although the fitness center was under construction while we were there. We really enjoyed an evening by the fire pit, which is located near the pool. There is also a bocci ball court.

I thought the breakfast was very good, as you can make your own waffles, if you so desire. In addition to the regular continental fare, they offer eggs and sausage.

There is no elevator, so make sure to ask for a ground floor room if you don't want to climb any stairs. Also, there is no smoking on the grounds...anywhere. There is a public park across the street. I spent some time there.

I would DEFINITELY recommend this establishment to any couple without kids visiting the Napa area.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so make sure to ask for a ground floor room if you don't want to climb any...
Dear Tom,

Thank you for your kind recommendation. I'm pleased to know you were impressed with our service, accommodations, and grounds. It sounds as though your visit to the Napa Valley did not disappoint. I hope you'll choose to stay with us again should you return.

Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Where do I begin...we had an okay start to the stay. We arrived early, (around 11:30 am) and check in isn't until 4 pm. We were hoping that our room would have been ready early, but it wasn't. In fact, we had to keep asking, at about 3:40 when we asked, they checked with housekeeping and we were told it was ready. (It hadn't been "updated in the system")

Then, when we finally made it to our room, my cell phone rang at 4 pm to let me know the room was ready. I explained to the gal that I was currently in the room, but thanks for informing me.

While we were waiting, we did stop at the pool, there is some construction happening, so it may not be up to it's normal standards.

We stayed in the Bella Vista suite, which is the most expensive room in the hotel, I'm not sure if I would recommend this for your stay. I don't know what the other rooms look like, but I'm not sure if this was worth the extra money. It was a nice room, but when we sat on our very small veranda, (no bigger than the others) the sound of the highway didn't make it a romantic spot.

I will point out, they did give us a complimentary bottle of wine for our first night as I mentioned that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary and my wife's birthday. Also, turndown included a couple of homemade Auntie Anne cookies. This was a nice touch.

The room included breakfast, which the first day didn't have salt and pepper or ketchup on the tray. We called guest services to get some, and it arrived an hour later, hardly worth getting at that point. The second day breakfast came with the ketchup, (we requested it) and the third day it came with the ketchup, but no cutlery. Kind of a comedy of errors.

But here is the big one..........

On our last evening, (Saturday night) we returned from dinner between 8:30 and 9:00 PM to find our room door wide open. That's right, not unlocked, but wide open...air flowing through the room. You could imagine our horror, no one in sight, no cleaning staff, turn down staff, no one. I didn't know if there was going to be someone lurking in the shadows, or if half our stuff was going to be missing. We called down immediately and of course all the staff that take care of the turndowns had gone home already. Needless to say, we didn't have a great nights sleep. They assured me that I would hear from the manager the next morning.

The next morning when we checked out, the manager wasn't in yet, so they assured us that he would be contacting me.

This was the only saving grace, he did contact me and he was sincerely apologetic. I believe and understand that he cannot be single handily responsible for every persons actions. He refunded us half of the third nights stay as a gesture of apology which I did appreciate, but it still really bothered me that it happened. The manager, Mark, heard my concerns and I'm sure will do something to hopefully prevent this from happening in the future. But I still have to rate the hotel like I felt about it, even though I know he was sincere.

My advice would be don't pay for the nicest room in the place, you are better off saving a few bucks, and if they offer turn down, you may just want to turn it down.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't back on to the highway...the view is pretty, but it's also prett...
Dear Jimmy,

I'd like to apologize for the unfortunate occurrence during your stay. I can assure you this incident is taken very seriously and is being addressed to avoid this happening in the future. I appreciate your understanding on the matter and hope you will consider us again on a future visit to Yountville.

Basking Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Napa Valley Lodge when we visited Napa Valley for a few days in June. From the friendly and professional greeting when you check in to the amazing room which overlooked the Vineyard to the excellent breakfast with champagne cocktails it was first class all the way. Conveniently located for the Vineyards, and a relaxing walk into Yountville for the restaurants, all reservations were made by the team at The Napa Valley Lodge, and shops. This is the place to stay and we will certainly stay here on future trips.

Room Tip: Ask for the Vineyard view, great to wake up to
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tim M, General Manager at Napa Valley Lodge, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear sharp52,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It was our pleasure having you and your wife stay with us. I was delighted to know that you found the our accommodations, staff and service to be commendatory during your stay. We're looking forward to your next trip to Yountville.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

It was a good short stay. We did an overnight trip from San Francisco. It was a pretty good hotel. I think we should have spent more time here. Overall very happy with the experience , but it is not a resort. The staff was helpful.

• Stayed August 2013
Tim M, General Manager at Napa Valley Lodge, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Gapluching,

I'm happy that your stay with us was enjoyable and that our staff was able to assist you. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you'll choose to stay with us again in the future.

Bramley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. It has a great specification in the bedroom, with plenty of space to relax before heading towards one of the great restaurants in town. There is a pool, and the breakfast is fine. The only negative point is that we had a room with a party door (is that what they are called in the US? - it is a door that is usually locked but can be used to access the room next door if there is a large family that perhaps wants to put the children close by, but not too close!). Anyway, the soundproofing from the door itself was poor, and we needed to tell the neighbours to quieten down at 12:30, because it was impossible to sleep, their tv was too loud and there was loud talking.

Room Tip: If you want a guaranteed good sleep, avoid a room with a party door.
Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tim,

I am happy to hear you were pleased with our accommodations but sorry that your neighbors disturbed you. We are going to research how we can make the door a more soundproof barrier. Thank you for the feedback. I hope you'll think of us again should you return to Yountville.

Tim McGregor

Been to Napa Valley Lodge? Share your experiences!