We spent three nights at The Napa Valley Lodge. The hotel location is not as convenient as most others in Yountville in terms of walking distance to the many great restaurants for dinner when the ladies are in heals but we used the shuttle. The staff at the front dest were polite and accommodating.
Most of the rooms do not have a bath tub which for a hotel of this caliber one would expect. The rooms are spacious and there is enough space to include a bath with a more thoughtful design. The pool area is very nice with plenty of seating and fire pit. The breakfast is adequate but with a few tweaks here and there could be first class. The staff has a hard time keeping up with the demand and there always seemed to be a few items that were low and need replenishing.
There were a few small things that could have improved our stay and again they are small. First, the hotel advertises on their website a certain brand of products but they provide a different brand. I realize this is to many is not a big deal and nick picky. I would argue that an establishment should not advertise and use the name and image of one brand and not deliver that product to all of their clientele. We called the front desk to ask about this discrepancy and they tried to sell us on why the new products are better. They may be right about the new products they are providing but it's not what they advertise and if I were a betting person I bet the new products are less expensive. I suggest the hotel quit advertising the other products on their website and the problem is solved.
When we arrived, it seemed as if our room had not been vacuumed as there were chunks of dirt on the carpet floor. On the second night of our three night stay we did not receive turn down service. The next morning we informed the front desk of the oversight which they said they appreciated and would make sure we received turned down the following night. As you can guess, when we returned from dinner the third night the room had not been touched. Again, many would argue that we are just being too picky. I argue that a hotel charging these rates and advertising a certain level of service should under promise and over deliver. To their credit when I went to checkout and explained that they failed to provide turn down service again the front desk manager provided a $30.00 credit. Interestingly we tipped the maids for cleaning our room (which we always do) while the couple next door did not but received turn down service all three nights. Go figure.
All in all we enjoyed our stay and would recommend this property to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Napa Valley, in the charming town of Yountville, the Napa Valley Lodge is just steps away from world-renowned restaurants, specialty shops, and award winning wine tasting rooms. The Lodge is set in a vineyard in a quiet setting away from the hustle and bustle of Yountville, but within easy strolling distance. Our property is designed in the Tuscan villa style and adorned with lush landscaping and thoughtful details at every turn, from trickling fountains to our popular outdoor fire pit and serene pool area. The Lodge welcomes you with a friendly and experienced staff that is committed to making your stay as special as possible.The Napa Valley Lodge's 55 guestrooms are spacious, private, and graciously furnished. Our guestrooms feature private verandahs, many with courtyard, garden, or vineyard views, vaulted ceilings, and fireplaces. A Champagne continental breakfast buffet is served complimentary every morning from 8:00am-10:00am.All rooms are non-smoking, have deluxe honor bars, complimentary wireless internet (WiFi) access, flat screen TVs, iPod docking stations, On-Command video, desks, and fresh brewed coffee. All guest bathrooms have been completely renovated with walk-in glass showers, granite vanity counters, and limestone floors. For your convenience, our guestrooms include irons, ironing boards, two plush micro fiber robes, hair dryers and a variety of complimentary personal amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Napa Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napa Valley Hotel Yountville
- Napa Valley Yountville
- Napa Valley Lodge Yountville, CA