“Loved this place!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston,Texas
“Loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

I really researched where I wanted to stay and I am very happy with my choice. Yountville is a very expensive place to stay. I love The Monterey Plaza in Monterey and this hotel is owned by the very small hotel group that owns the plaza. The lodge is designed well and is close to everything, it is a great location for winery trips and the breakfast was generous and delicious.I can not wait to go back! The North Block looks nice too, but it is twice the price and the pool was not as nice as the NVL.

Room Tip: ask for a court yard view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tim M, General Manager at Napa Valley Lodge, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Mrs. Stinnet,
Thank you for your generous comments. We believe that we have a wonderful location as well and I am delighted to hear that we were able to provide you with all your needs for your stay in Yountville; we are looking forward to your next visit to the lodge, or to one of our other Woodside properties.
Tim McGregor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

If you want a quiet retreat after the rigors of wine tasting all day long, stay at the Napa Valley Lodge. It has all the amenities of a small resort: pool, fitness center, spa, American buffet breakfast. And it's walking distance to everything Yountville has to offer. It's right off Highway 29 (the main drag to many vineyards), but not noisey. It's pricey, but everything in Napa and Sonoma is if you want to be near the center of town.

Room Tip: All the rooms come with a balcony. For a room with a vineyard view, you'll pay more. Also, the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Linda,
Thank you for your review of the Napa Valley Lodge. We continue to upgrade the amenities and services that we offer; we have recently added complimentary bottled water in your room upon arrival and at check-out, and we now offer turn-down service in the evenings. By your next visit, we will have safes installed in all the guest rooms, and will also offer complimentary bicycles for you to check out and use.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband & I stayed at the Napa Valley Lodge with another couple. The rooms are spacious & very nice. The location was alright. I was very surprised that it is right along side the main highway (29) so we did hear car noise. It also is at the very end of town so I would have preferred to be more towards the center of Yountville. The breakfast was really good & we loved the pool & fire pit. We had a few complaints: we went to dinner at 8:00pm every night so by the time we got back to the hotel, it was just passed 10pm. They lock off the fire pit at 10 (completely ridiculous, it should have at least been open until 11:00). Only one night we returned a few min before 10 but we were told we had to leave so they could lock up. The fire pit would have been one of the reasons I would stay here again but not if it's not open to enjoy!! Also, they are very stingy with the toiletries. I have a lot of hair so between my husband & I showering twice a day, we expected the shampoo & conditioner to be replenished each day (like in every other hotel we've stayed at). They waited until there was not a speck left before they gave us new ones. Not a huge deal but it has to do with the customer service touches. Over all, Napa Valley Lodge was a nice place but I would probably try to stay more towards town next time since we can't enjoy the fire pits.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tim M, General Manager at Napa Valley Lodge, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear “denross”,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the constructive feedback.

As a result of your comment, we are reconsidering our fireplace hours. At a minimum, we have a policy to never shut down the fire pit if guests are currently enjoying it, even after hours. However, it appears that we did so in your case, and for that I am sorry and am researching why that would have happened in contradiction to our procedures. I hope you will accept my apology.

Regarding the bath amenities, we recently upgraded to very nice L’Occitane brand amenities and our policy is to always replace the shampoo, conditioner and bath wash when the bottle is half or more consumed. Judging from your comment, it sounds like we made another judgment error not in-line with our procedures and our broader philosophy of hospitality. We are working to make sure this doesn’t happen to another guest in the future. Thank you for sharing this with me.

As it relates to location, we are (as you pointed out) in the north end of town. As a result we offer our guests a property that is surrounded by vineyards on two sides (the only hotel with any vineyards) and we have one of the largest pool, garden and recreation areas (fire pit, hot tub, bocce ball court, fountains, etc.) of any hotel in town. Most other hotels in Yountville are located on more “in-fill” locations and while they may offer a slightly shorter walk to some restaurants, they do not offer the same views and open space due to their setting.

Of course this a subjective criteria that may appeal more or less to different travelers, but I just wanted to clarify some of the advantages to our more bucolic location which is still walking distance to everything Yountville has to offer. Also, starting in mid-September we will be receiving some custom Republic brand bikes that will be available, free of charge, for our guests to use to ride around the area.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Lodge again in the future, and if so, please do not hesitate to reach out to me if there is anything we may do to make your experience even more memorable.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This property is very clean,has great service,is located superbly to walk to restaurants or jump on hwy 29 to tour the vineyards. The price relative to the other properties in Yountville makes it a great value for a weekend stay.Our room was clean, large, up to date and convenient.Napa Valley Lodge is a winner!!!

Room Tip: book a room overlooking the courtyard for best value
New Hyde Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have had opportunity to stay at a variety of hotels over the years and the Napa Valley Lodge was a first rate choice. Our room was waiting upin arrival, the room was face the lodge's vineyard and bed was exceptionally comfortable. My wife sported the complimentary robe and made herself right at home as I did. Truth be told; it takes me a day or two to settle into new surroundings and enjoy a good night's sleep. I must tell you that I slpet like a baby each and every night of our stay and my wife thanks you

Maybe, it was the weather or the layback feeling of the lodge but the hotel's staff and its amenities provided us with a wonderful stay!!!

George and Rita Giberti

Room Tip: Napa Valley Lodge is set in an area where chosing a restaurant is a pleasant task! Try to research...
Edgerton, Wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

We get to California every 2 years to wine taste and enjoy the wonderful restarants. We have stayed at the Naoa Valley Lodge 4 times and loved the room, breakfast in the grape vines, the service and the wonderful restarants in the local area. You can't beat it.

Room Tip: Seek the 2nd floor with a view of vineyard
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tim M, General Manager at Napa Valley Lodge, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Jeff,
Thank you for letting us know about you’re your stay. We certainly want you to feel at home when you stay here with us. It sounds like you know how to enjoy our wonderful setting here in the Napa Valley. We will look forward to your return.
Tim
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary with a fun trip to the NVL. From the time we arrived on Friday, everything was lovely and memorable. The front desk and grounds staff were very friendly and accommodating, always greeting us and offering their assistance for reservations, etc.

Our room was perfect, and I would definitely ask for the same room again. We had a fireplace in the room that we ran out of time to use, but I loved the vaulted ceiling, the large room, and the luxe bathroom. We were on the second floor, facing the pool. Not once did I hear cars going by in our room, or people in the room next to us. They are still updating the exterior of the building. We didn't hear it until Monday morning, when we were leaving. I would maybe hold off on going to the NVL during the week until the construction is done. If you are early risers and would be off exploring by 9am, the construction won't bother you. It is going to be really pretty when it is done, but I would not want to hear sledgehammers while I was resting in the idyllic pool area. They stop on the weekends, so it was still very quiet for our trip!

The pool area is spectacular, and was the biggest selling point for us. It is just gorgeous, and there were always enough pool chairs for everyone. I wish I had seen the pool worker more often, who was supposed to sell wine and snacks by the pool. There was someone there only 1 afternoon. I would advise running to the market in downtown Yountville to buy some wine that you can enjoy by the pool.

The breakfast was amazing! A make-your-own mimosa bar and delicious spread? Yes please! The breakfast staff was very attentive, and quickly cleared tables for the next group to sit down. Although it gets busy in the dining room, people tended to come down at different times so we never had to wait for a table. We did take a tray out to the firepit to enjoy our breakfast there one morning.

The location is a big perk, as well. It is easy to hop on the main highway throughout the Napa Valley to explore other towns or wineries, and downtown Yountville is a darling little town with tons of dining options. I also loved the cookies and "spa water" (cucumber water) in the lobby! Thank you, NVL. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room facing the pool!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Tim M, General Manager at Napa Valley Lodge, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Kate,

Thank you for celebrating your first anniversary with us! We hope to welcome you back for many more. You will be happy to know that the renovation work has been completed, and you are correct… It is beautiful. In regards to your comment on the pool; we are now offering our pool service throughout the summer and fall seasons seven days a week.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Tim

Been to Napa Valley Lodge? Share your experiences!