We stayed at the Napa Valley Lodge the week before Christmas and we found it the perfect location for exploring the vineyards in Yountville, Saint Helena and Calistoga. We had a room with a fireplace, which I would highly recommend. The room itself was a good size and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom area was also very nice and the shower was wonderful - plenty of hot water and good water pressure.
The only negative about the hotel was that there was a draft from the front door - and because it wasn't well-sealed, you could hear all the noise from the parking lot out front - people talking, etc. It was likely made worse due to some noisy people in the room next door. That said, you could not hear the noise in the bedroom area, so it was totally workable.
A few people also commented on the fact that the hotel is near the busy main road, but this wasn't really an issue because you couldn't hear the traffic noise in the room. Additionally, many of the hotels in these areas are right off the main road, so it's hard to avoid unleass you go to one of the more expensive resorts.
There are many good restaurants in this area as well - Mustard's Grill and Hurley's were two of our favorites. And the best part of our trip was a recommendation by the hotel front desk to check out the Kuleto Vineyard - it is off the beaten path, but well worth the visit - great people, beautiful grounds, perfect wine!
Check out the attached pictures - ignore our mess!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Napa Valley, in the charming town of Yountville, the Napa Valley Lodge is just steps away from world-renowned restaurants, specialty shops, and award winning wine tasting rooms. The Lodge is set in a vineyard in a quiet setting away from the hustle and bustle of Yountville, but within easy strolling distance. Our property is designed in the Tuscan villa style and adorned with lush landscaping and thoughtful details at every turn, from trickling fountains to our popular outdoor fire pit and serene pool area. The Lodge welcomes you with a friendly and experienced staff that is committed to making your stay as special as possible.The Napa Valley Lodge's 55 guestrooms are spacious, private, and graciously furnished. Our guestrooms feature private verandahs, many with courtyard, garden, or vineyard views, vaulted ceilings, and fireplaces. A Champagne continental breakfast buffet is served complimentary every morning from 8:00am-10:00am.All rooms are non-smoking, have deluxe honor bars, complimentary wireless internet (WiFi) access, flat screen TVs, iPod docking stations, On-Command video, desks, and fresh brewed coffee. All guest bathrooms have been completely renovated with walk-in glass showers, granite vanity counters, and limestone floors. For your convenience, our guestrooms include irons, ironing boards, two plush micro fiber robes, hair dryers and a variety of complimentary personal amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B, Amex, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Napa Valley Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Napa Valley Hotel Yountville
- Napa Valley Yountville
- Napa Valley Lodge Yountville, CA