“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maison Fleurie - A Four Sisters Inn

You added Maison Fleurie - A Four Sisters Inn to your Saves list
Maison Fleurie - A Four Sisters Inn
4.0 of 5 Inn   |   6529 Yount Street, btwn Finnel Rd & Humboldt St, Yountville, CA 94599   |
Offers & Announcements
Celebration Package
Ranked #4 of 7 Yountville B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Francisco, California
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed at Maison Fleurie this past weekend while attending our friend's wedding. The inn is beautiful, perfectly situated in the middle of Yountville. Practically the entire inn was rented out by people attending our friend's wedding which made it even more enjoyable for all of us. We stayed in room 7 - which is very spacious and would be perfect for a family with a small child since there is an additional day bed type of area one could sleep on. The manager was nice and super accommodating as our shower door broke. She was able to remedy the situation the next day and let us shower in another room so we could get ready for the wedding. Breakfast was delicious as were the afternoon cookies. My only complaint is we did not have enough time in our schedules to use the pool and enjoy the afternoon wine tasting; it will have to wait until our next visit. I would definitely recommend this inn to friends and family visiting the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Stevenson, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The inn excelled in the little flourishes that make travel, even in an idyllic place, all the more pleasant. The staff at the front desk went out of their way to recommend restaurants, wineries (Elhers with its organic/biodynamic selection and olive garden was a favorite), and day trips. The breakfasts were nicely done... lots of fresh fruit, egg creations, and baked goods and the late afternoon wine and cheese tasted great on the inn's sunny deck. And we loved Yountville. Coffee and sandwiches at Bouchon were fabulous. Dinners at Redd Wood and Lucy's, both within walking distance, are meals to be long remembered!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We checked in on April 8, 2013. The gentleman behind the desk barely acknowledged us and handed us off to another young man. This person showed us around and took us to our room. We asked several questions which he could not answer. He said he'd find out the answer but did not. He looked a bit dazed and confused. It actually was a very strange interaction. Then we had no soap. Soap should have been in the room. And we needed more towels. So we called the front desk and they were brought rather promptly, by the same young man. Then we didn't know how the CD player worked (how to change the input). There really should be instructions in the room, but there wasn't. So we had to call the desk again. They came promptly and showed us a switch on the back of the TV to change the input. Not intuitive at all. There should have been some sort of instructions left at the side of the TV. Not a big deal, but it resulted in having to call a staff member back to our room twice within an hour. All in all, not a good first impression with the staff or amenities in the room.

The surroundings and our room (#10 in the Baker's Building) were lovely. Everything was very clean and well kept. They could have used more outlets in the room as we travel with many electronics that must be charged at night, but luckily we carry an extension cord for just that purpose. A minor inconvenience, but an inconvenience nonetheless.

Breakfasts were good. Not exceptional, but very good. There was a hot entree, along with yogurt, fruit, breads, juices, etc. It was really very nice. The dining room was a bit snug with a very large table too close to the buffet to make it comfortable to pass between when someone was sitting at the table. Again, just a minor inconvenience.

Hors d'oeuvres were served at 5pm (I believe). Not really any great selection and the same thing was served both days. On the first day, during cocktail hour, there was a "salesperson" from a local vineyard sampling some wines. She was a great salesperson and we wound up going to the vineyard the next day and buying some of the wines we sampled. It was funny because she said she actually went to the wrong inn, and was suppose to be at another inn close by but we were all "such nice people" she decided to stay and let us sample her wine. Perhaps that was the truth. Who knows ;)

As we were checking out, Karen (I believe that was her name) was at the front desk. This was the first person in our 3 day stay there that we had any interaction with (other than the 2 not-very-helpful gentleman we encountered upon check-in) and actually was helpful. She was knowledgeable, informative and very friendly. I wish she had been there earlier. We had questions about an "art walk" that went unanswered and had she been there, we may have been able to attend. She was great.

Parking was the last issue. We got back to the inn on the second night and there were no parking spaces. Really??? We were shocked. And because we were in a rental car, we didn't really want to park on the street. But we had no choice. I thought that really wasn't good. To add insult to injury, there was a large service van taking up 1 1/2 parking spaces. Frankly, I think the service contractors should park on the street and leave the private parking for the guests. I see that as a problem.

By the way, absolutely no problem with the Internet service. That is very important to my husband and me, and it was absolutely fine.

If you go, make sure to get whatever information or DVDs you need/want before 8pm, because after that time, there is no one, and I mean no one, at the inn to help you.

Room Tip: Stay in room #10 in the Baker's Building. It was beautiful. The rooms in the main building are...
San Francisco, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

So, I used to stay at the $60/night Travelodge on Market St in San Francisco. Between that place and Maison Fleurie, you'd get a better night's sleep staying at the cheapest hotel in SF (on its busiest street) than at Maison Fleurie. (And better customer service, and more privacy, internet that works, etc etc.)

I was hoping for a really nice trip b/c it was my birthday. We stayed there on Thursday night, April 4th.

Where do I start?

-- There is loud banging throughout the night, b/c it is *right behind* the trash and *right on* the street with large trucks and has very thin walls/windows. Both my boyfriend and I (we are both sound sleepers) were simply unable to sleep. We thought the noises would end at some time, but it woke me up at 1am, 3am, and 5:30am, as well as didn't let me generally sleep any other time -- it's endless and throughout the night. (garbage trucks backing up and beeping; bottles crashing from emptying tons of wine bottles into recycling bins; large agricultural trucks barreling down the main street; etc). In the morning we actually *still* saw the garbage truck going up and down the street - very odd - but the bottom line is you will not be able to sleep through it.

- Even if you were able to sleep through the noise, you will be in pain when you wake up. The mattress is way too soft. I was trying not to complain to my boyfriend, b/c I have a pinched nerve in my back so I am sensitive to bad beds, but he woke up in pain as well and said he hated the bed and couldn't wait to go home so we could get a good night's sleep.

- I wish I had taken a picture of the pool, but basically don't be fooled that they have a pool. It's super-dirty and they seem to have made an attempt to clean it as there were some cleaning instruments in it but they clearly hadn't been used in a long, long while. The pool was important to us as I have that pinched nerve in my back and so have been swimming to recoup (otherwise i have to get an epidural shot) and we chose a hotel based on which had a pool. So an unswimmable pool = not ok.

- We had to wake up at 6am b/c we were to go on a hot air balloon ride. If you want to be in a good mood the next day, don't stay here. They ended up cancelling the hot air balloon ride b/c of bad weather -- I was so happy b/c my back was in pain from the bad mattress and no sleep and my BF was in a bad mood too b/c sleep is really important to him so we ended up just trying to salvage the birthday trip.

- So, if you don't want to get in a fight with your husband/wife/partner, don't go here. If you want to be in a good mood the next day, don't go here.

- Do you like privacy when you're in your hotel room? Sucks for you! The curtains basically don't shut all the way. You can see in the hotel rooms from the outside. Hopefully you are already at the stage in your relationship where you and your husband/wife/partner sleep in two separate beds, b/c otherwise you will be uncomfortable in this hotel room (and possibly committing unwitting unlawful exposure if you change clothes).

- We told them about how it was impossible to sleep. (Another customer was near us when we said this; they agreed and also exclaimed to the front desk how hard it was to sleep and how the noise was constant and loud). The response? "Oh sometimes it's loud! lol, sorry."

- We asked for a late checkout as we got no sleep, had to wake up at 6am for the balloon ride, and really wanted to try to salvage some sleep if at all possible. We couldn't handle driving back a few hours while so groggy and grumpy. Checkout is at 12pm. Check-in for others is at 3pm. Would they let us check out at 1pm instead? No way. I guess it takes longer than 2 hours to clean the rooms. I've never actually been told "no" to late check-out from any hotel before.

- At *literally* 12:01pm, there is a knock on our door. Being like "Hi, it's 12pm, please leave!"

- Oh yeah: when I called the after-hours line to get the wireless password for the internet (I had some work to do) --- they told me the wrong internet password. (it's *not* abcde12345. What is it? Good luck!)

- When you do connect to the internet, it is SUPER-slow. I tried to attach a 1M file to my email, and it took more than 5 minutes to send. Sites will not load b/c your browser will think you're not connected to the internet. My bf and I were like "are you online?" "i don't know. are you online?" "i don't think so" "oh wait! i just got something". ETC.

There are probably more bad things about this place but I've wasted enough of my time/life on it.

- Oh wait: the fireplace in our room initially didn't work so when we got there we were really excited to open the "celebration package" we had ordered from them (champagne, chocolates) but instead we had to call the hotel people into our room to try to fix it. (It did eventually work).

- My poor bf now probably feels like I hated my bday - which I didn't, I loved spending time with him - .NO MORE SPACE

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Gina M, General Manager at Maison Fleurie - A Four Sisters Inn, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I am so sorry that Maison Fleurie did not meet your expectations. Birthdays are special occasions and we know how important they are to our guests. We absolutely strive to provide an inviting environment that leaves guests feeling refreshed and with fond memories of their trip. I am so very sorry this was not the case during your stay and I thank you very much for taking the time to bring the inconveniences you experienced to our attention. It is very important to us to make it up to you and hope to discuss further. I am not sure if you received the voicemail I left for you a couple weeks ago but please call me at your earliest convenience at Maison Fleurie (800-788-0369). While I cannot atone for the disappointment you experienced during your last trip, I hope that I can make it up to you. Sincerely, Gina Massolo, Regional Manager
Chico, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We spent the last night of a surprise weekend for my husband's 60th birthday. What a great way to end our weekend! Maison Fleurie is what I would picture a Country French Inn to be. We stayed in room #3 which was a small queen room. It was well decorated and furnished to accommodate the size of room. The breakfast was excellent with many choices including hot baked eggs dishes, fruit varieties. baked goods, juices, coffee & tea. The breakfast room had a cozy fire and a variety of seating available as well. We will definitely return and have already told our friends about our wonderful "find".

Room Tip: If you don't mind a smaller room, the petite queen rooms are an excellent value, cozy with taste...
Smyrna, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were in Room 13 which is in a separate building, this meant that our room was very quiet as only one other room bordered it. The hotel is attractive and well kept. The staff is mostly efficient and friendly (some of the night staff was not as friendly). The breakfasts were great 2 out of 3 mornings. On our last morning the egg dish was undercooked. Location is wonderful and the combination of a small parking lot and street parking meant that parking was easy and nearby.

Some friends had ordered champagne and a cheese plate which was excellent. The hot tub was nice break at the end of the day.

My only real complaint is the strange way that the hotel present their bills when you have received a discount (my bill had listed a number of items I did not purchase but in the end these added up to the amount that I was quoted and agreed to when I booked).

Room Tip: I would select room 13 again. As I said in my review it is in an out building and is featured in ma...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakdale, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This place is a great little BB! The first night we stayed at the Bakery suite which had an amazing fireplace and jacuzzi tub. Very romantic. Our second night we stayed at a petit queen room. It was much smaller but still charming and cute. The breakfast was AWESOME! Great homemade breakfast and none of that processed stuff that is offered by the bigger chains. Great homemade quiche and baked goods. The wine and cheese hour was great too.
The best part was the service. The inn keepers were so friendly from taking our reservation over the phone last minute to checking us out. Overall, I would definitely stay at a 4 sisters inn again. They seem to really care about their guest.
Tip: If booking last minute call to ask for Carpe Diem special. Great deals considering how expensive Napa is.

Room Tip: Try the Bakery Suite!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Maison Fleurie - A Four Sisters Inn? Share your experiences!