With its prime location in Yountville, Maison Fleurie is within easy walking distance of world-class fine dining and many intriguing specialty shops. The inn's main building is an 1862 hotel that has been thoroughly modernized, but retains the rustic charms of the 19th century. The dining room has original brick and stone work, as well as a massive fireplace in a cozy setting with easy chairs that is made for socializing with friends. We were told that in the past, there was a restaurant here in which Julia Child cooked.
Our room in the adjoining coach house was decorated in victorian fashion with an antique free standing closet, a chest of drawers with a cleverly built-in desk, and a free-standing hat and coat rack. The bed was extravagantly carved in the rococo style and appeared to be very old. The mattress was rather firm for my taste and was overlaid with a featherbed top and crowned with a down quilt. There was also a large stained glass window set in an arch above the built-in bookcase. The bathroom was large and clean. It featured a very deep soaking tub with whirlpool jets. Closet space was minimal, and clothes needed to be hung at an angle to fit inside the door. Altogether, the room was very comfortable.
Very good quality coffee and tea is always available, along with cookies. The wine and hors d'oeuvres were wonderful and featured several kinds of cheeses including brie, crackers,and a baguette, as well as an artichoke, tomato and vegetable medley. Breakfast was served buffet style and was outstanding. There were enough choices of cereal and hot dishes to satisfy any appetite. The orange juice tasted fresh squeezed.
The hot tub is very large and cleanly maintained. The grounds are beautiful and meticulously cared for.
The staff was friendly and efficient. The person at the front desk was very helpful in assisting us to plan our day.
Altogether, Maison Fleurie is a very nice property which we will definitely visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Napa Valley's Maison Fleurie, the "flowering house," is situated on half an acre of beautifully landscaped gardens -- welcoming visitors to a Napa Valley inn reminiscent of southern France. Finely crafted furniture, rich fabrics, and a huge stone fireplace lend their ambiance to this historic main building, where a bountiful breakfast and afternoon wine and hors d'oeuvres are served Four Sisters Inn blends modern luxuries and services of a boutique hotel with the traditional amenities of a B & B. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Maison Fleurie - A Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Fleurie - a Four Sisters Hotel Yountville
- Maison Fleurie - a 4 Sisters Inn
- Maison Fleurie Yountville
- Maison Fleurie - A Four Sisters Inn Yountville, Napa Valley, CA