“Not Worth the Price” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Seal Beach, California
“Not Worth the Price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The food is ok, but this restaurant is way over priced for the food quality and the atmosphere. I've been there before quite a while ago, food was ok nothing special, which is probably why I haven't been back in a long time. This time I went in to order some food to go. Bought four burritos and paid close to $50! And one was just bean and cheese! They nickel and dime you for everything; extra for cheese and sauce, and even charged me for the to-go containers. I wouldn't have minded the extra charge for sauce and cheese if they would have least given more than a very skimpy coating of red sauce. My carne asada burrito was supposed to contain grilled onions and bell peppers; I think I might have gotten two to three bites with onions and bell peppers. For these prices I expect really good food, and maybe some nice atmosphere. This place is not worth the price of their mediocre food; I will not return. There are some really good Mexican food restaurants in Yorba Linda with good food at a reasonable price, this is not one of them

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Salt Lake City, Utah
“Favorite Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The food here is delicious. I highly recommend the chicken enchilada, taquitos, and burritos. Everything is homemade, and it's family owned. A great local treasure!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Yorba Linda, California
“Great Little family Owned Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We love this restaurant. They have a casual and friendly atmosphere. the menu is large and varied.
We love the burritos and their fajitas. Sometimes we grave the fresh salsa!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Yorba Linda, California
“Get the burrito!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Joaquin's is a small restaurant in our city, located in a strip mall. But it really has some yummy food. I love their salsa, and their tacos are very good. But they are known for their burrito, which will fill up every inch of your stomach, and make you wonder why you ever ate a burrito anywhere else.
The restaurant is old fashioned, but homey. It has some outdoor seating, but again, you are sitting outside in a strip mall. We love it, and we're glad it's here in Yorba Linda!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Yorba Linda, California, United States
“Bland and Tasteless”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I was expecting a lot more flavor, and traditional homestyle Mexican food. I just couldn't get into it.