“Definitely not what it seems!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda

You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   22711 Oakcrest Circle, Yorba Linda, CA 92887   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Yorba Linda
“Definitely not what it seems!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here this past weekend with a friend, and boy were we disappointed!! Everything looked very nice from the outside, lobby looks great, but that was where it ended. There was only one guy helping guests with their needs in the lobby, took far too long to check in. We were told our room STILL wasn't ready even though it was 45 minutes past 3, which was our designated check in time.
No where on the site we booked from said anything about pets being allowed, and on top of that, the entire hotel ABSOLUTELY REEKS of stale cigarettes (when it stated on the website the hotel is non-smoking!!!) It is absolutely the most disgusting thing I've ever encountered. Days later and the smell is still burned into my nose.
On the plus side the staff was generally quite friendly and the maid service spoke great English and were very pleasant.
Beds were fairly firm, but obviously for the price I didn't expect anything luxury.
Overall very disappointed with this hotel and would not advise anyone to stay here.

• Stayed October 2012
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Orange County - Yorba Linda. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory. As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we completely unsuccessful in several aspects of your stay. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate. It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again for taking so long to check you in and also the freshness of the hotel throughout your stay. I will assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels brand location in the future."

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Charlotte, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I needed a place to say with my family (four total) in Yorba Linda, CA, and came across this place. While the location was just right, our stay ended up not being worth it. This might be a good option for people who want to stay for longer periods of time, as the hotel name indicates. But for one night, not so much. We were awoken in the middle of the night by our next door neighbor's large dog, barking for some reason, followed by their calling of the dog to be quiet. This was followed by what sounded like a very large person in the room directly above us, who walked on the floor so loudly, I felt as though he might just come through it. Lastly, the front desk staff left a little to be desired. All in all not physically a bad place, but I'd never go back. Stay in a place more suited for the travel you need....a lesson that I learned.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Jeff - We appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your stay at our hotel. I apologize that you were awoken by noise disturbances and that my staff was not receptive to you as a guest during your time with us. It is disheartening to hear that because of these things your stay was not 100% satisfactory.

Please know that while we are known for supporting guests who stay for longer periods of time within the hotel, we are also a perfect choice for those who only need a place to stay short-term. With this in mind, it would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again so we can show you our redoubled efforts.
Goodyear, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This was a pretty nice place and a great value. We visited the Nixon Library and this was close to the facility. Also, lots of food choices in the area which are in walking distance. Also, easy access to all those crowded freeways. Close to a shopping center too.
We would definitely return to ESA for our next visit to Orange County.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Dana Point, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

First of all, the front desk person, Benny, helped me with some issues over the phone before I even checked-in. He then did everything he could to make my stay pleasant. Benny is great and an asset to Extended Stay America.

The rooms were nice but not quite as updated as some of the other Extended Stays. My stay was very pleasant and the room was very clean. The kitchen was property stocked with pots/pans/utinsils/flatware/coffee. There is also complimentary coffee in the morning from 7a until 9:30a.

I would recommend this motel to anyone traveling to or through the Yorba Linda, CA area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. We would like to thank you for your business and hope you stay with us again in your future travels.
Riverside Cty
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We booked this last minute to be close to the Nixon library. The check in was efficient and location close to the 91 fwy. I was a little unnerved that the back door kept getting proped open even after I closed it....just a security concern. Room was clean and kitchen was nice although it was set up for 2 guests while our room had 2 double beds. Didn't use the cooking facilities so didn't bother asking for extra set-ups. Breakfast was "grab and go" including muffins, oatmeal, coffee, juice and bananas. Lots of parking...would accommodate trailers or RVs.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Orange County - Yorba Linda. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.
The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. We can assure you that I have brought the issue you expressed to the attention of our staff.
Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

WOW, WOW, WOW! The turn around of this property has left me jaw dropped. Everything is so clean and brand new. They even have free wifi and free breakfast! The coffee is DELICIOUS. The staff works hard to accommodate you as best as possible. You never get a no from them. They literally go the extra mile to make the impossible become possible. The manager Christine is very nice with a wonderful sense of humor. The young lady that checked in, Stephanie, has such a lovely smile. She has an amazing personality through the phone as she does in person. These ladies among with everyone else never stop smiling. For the price and service I received here, I wills definetly be back off business.

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Orange County - Yorba Linda. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.
Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations
Anaheim Hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Had a great stay here. They have remodeled the hotel since my lats visit and it looks great. Comfortable beds, clean rooms, nice new look. The staff at the Extended Stay Yorba Linda was very helpful Christine, Stephanie and the rest of the front desk staff were very accommodating and go the extra mile to insure you enjoy your stay. I will absolutely stay here again, great experience thanks guys!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Orange County - Yorba Linda. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a """"home away from home"""" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - Yorba Linda? Share your experiences!