“SOOOOO Comfortable!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Yuma, Arizona
“SOOOOO Comfortable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

We drove to Southern CA. to visit family who'd flown in from South Carolina. I found the Ayres Suites online and decided to give it a whirl. When we walked in the lobby was EXTREMELY pleasing and had great eye appeal. Our room was very clean and very cozy and comfortable.
I would highly suggest staying at the Ayer's! We told all of our family there if they had anyone coming to visit to have them stay at the Ayres. And if we drive back for a few days, we will do the same. And it's by several great restaurants for family gatherings!!! Oh, and the FREE breakfast it offers in the mornings was a big, big plus too.. Just all around a really nice experience!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Springfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

The hotel had what travelers like myself want: clean and quiet room; free and tasty breakfast; treadmill; great location; very friendly staff

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2011

I have stayed at other Ayres Suites and am usually a very big fan, however, this location lacked a few things. Just as an overall observation, the decor is beginning to look very outdated in both the lobby and the bedrooms and could use some sprucing up. Aside from that minor point, the biggest feeling I had was that the carpet in our room was not clean. I am not usually one to be overly phobic about these things but it looked dingy and when I walked on it it felt grimy and that is a huge pet peeve for me. It was really the only thing that wasn't clean in the whole hotel, everything else was very good, but carpet cleanliness is such a huge thing for me as I am walking around barefoot most of the time that it left a big negative impression on me.

Aside from that, the room was fairly spacious and like all other Ayres Suites I have stayed in had a small refrigerator and sink, which is often a great thing to have when traveling with young kids. There was plenty of room with the pullout bed to navigate around the room comfortably without slamming your knees in to every corner....so that's always a plus. The mattress was actually pretty comfortable, and I liked the fact that there was not a germ laden polyester throw on top of the bed, and while the sheets were not the best quality I would say it an overall excellent room for a solid 3 star hotel.

Anyone traveling with young kids can also appreciate having breakfast included in the rate and having the convenience of it right in the hotel. What we didn't know when booking, but were pleasantly surprised to discover is that it is far more than a continental spread of the typical cold cereals and sugar filled pastries. We had the option of making our own hot Belgian waffles every day along with the usual assortments of pastries, breads, fresh fruit, and hot and cold cereals. Additionally there was a daily changing hot breakfast buffet which included eggs, sausages, pancakes and other yummy selections. The food was actually very tasty and it gave us a great start to our day.

The hotel is right next to the 91 freeway and has a nearby selection of your typical big box shopping in Yorba Linda, so from that end it is very convenient to access North Orange County activities. However, even though our room looked out toward the freeway, I must say we didn't hear a thing from inside our room, which is great since I have 0 tolerance for noise while I am sleeping.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Goa Velha, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

Stayed with my wife & 3 year old son in December 2010. Nice big rooms- bathtub is little old but has a Jacuzzi attachment (never used it though).Free wi-fi in the rooms, beautiful wooden furniture, microwave, mini fridge, coffee maker, LCD TV in the room. Comfy beds. Coin operated washing machine & dryer with washing fluid available on 2 floors near the elevators. Free beer & colas available in the lobby in the evening. Hot breakfast at lobby level- quite nice but repetitive after a couple of days. The hotel staff will drop you if needed to close by locations within limits. Very helpful reception staff.
Next door is olive garden (Italian) and El Torito (Mexican). A little further is Denny and down the hill to one side is McDonalds and other fast food places. Lots of shopping on the other side of the hillock- within walking distance. If you have a car then its great. Enjoyed our stay thoroughly

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Chino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel and all i can say is "wow". This place made for a heck of a stay. The hotel staff was really friendly and full of holiday cheer. The room was fantastic; it looked brand new and the bed was amazing. The breakfast was the best free breakfast ive ever had at a hotel; It was just right and exceeded my expectations for a free breakfast. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great stay at a great price.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel and had a wonderful experience. The staff was very warm and friendly and check in was a breeze. The hotel and room were very nice and it felt like I was staying at home, not a hotel. Breakfast in the morning is the best free hotel breakfast I've ever had. All in all I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

I love staying at the Ayres Suites it is a clean and comfortable place to stay I am always happy to come back. The staff is friendly and the breakfast and little happy hour are a nice touch that keep me coming back

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Ayres Suites Yorba Linda? Share your experiences!