“Great place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Crofton, Ky
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I spent 3 nights at this hotel on a business trip. The rooms were clean, the breakfast was good, and the staff was very friendly. I would definitly recommend it to anyone. I really enjoyed the clean towels and the bed being made every day when I came in from work.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed here for 2 months while our house was being rebuilt. That being said, the rooms were paid for by the insurance company, but the accommodations were fantastic. Great staff, and loved the snack hour and cookies at night. Looked forward to it everyday. Breakfast was great, but was a bit early for me sometimes, since I stay out late.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Topanga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Top quality hotel. We needed a place to stay between hockey games in the area and found the Ayres Suites on Tripadvisor. Our stay was wonderful. Very comfortable and spacious rooms with refrigerator, microwave and mini bar area. Excellent beds and sumptuous decor. Whirlpool bathtub. Easy to connect wifi. The staff was all super friendly and helpful, greeting us with warm "hellos" everywhere we went. Breakfast included was much more than the usual fare with so many choices of hot and cold including freshly cooked eggs, home-style potatoes, pastries, oatmeal, cereals, yogurt and delicious make-your-own Belgian waffles, which the kids loved! Pool and hot tub were perfect for a soak after a long day. Coin laundry! Inviting front lobby with fireplace and cozy decor. People were curled up reading books there on Sunday morning and I wished our stay could have been longer. Very highly recommended.

Room Tip: View of sunrise on the mountains if you get a room facing north (overlooking pool).
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Suites Yorba Linda, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Whitney M -

We wish you could have stayed longer as well! Thank you so much for your kind review and for allowing us to host your stay. I am so pleased you found everything in order and that your visit was so comfortable. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the rest of the team so they know how much their warm service is appreciated. We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Stephanie Rench
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was my first stay at an Ayers property. I was pleased with the front desk service, the morning breakfast was pretty good and my room was clean. However, we checked in and the bathroom lights and the vanity area lights went out. We called the front desk and were directed to hit the resurge button on the light socket to turn the lights back on. ( "this has happened before. Don't worry."). After several attempts and no luck the front desk came to our room to try. It failed for them too. We were moved to the only room available- next to the elevator. The same problem occurred the following morning. Resetting the power surge button is something I have never had to do at any of my lodging experiences. I found it rather bothersome and annoying. Our room was located on the freeway side and the hum of the continuous flow of traffic was non stop.
On a positive note, the shower water was very hot. We had a whirlpool tub as well. Since the power source was a question I didn't use it. We left our room for a morning putting and was surprised our room had not been serviced by our 3:00 return. :(

Room Tip: Make sure you stay in a room located away from the freeway traffic buzz.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Suites Yorba Linda, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Jonasann -

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. While I am pleased you found the service helpful and breakfast appetizing, I do apologize that the issue with the lights caused you an inconvenience. Please know I am having the maintenance team look into this immediately to see what can be done to solve this problem. I understand that this can be very inconvenient and am sorry for this. As to the room servicing, the housekeeping team does its best to have all room serviced by this time, though occupancy does sometimes mean it will take longer to complete all rooms. Again, I apologize for this issue as I know it is best to come back to a comfortable and clean room. We appreciate your comments and hope you will still consider staying with us in the future.

Regards,

Stephanie Rench
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

A flight from Dallas to YL. We have stayed at larger and much more expensive places but this hotel is one of the best valueswe have come across in 50 years of travel. It all begins with a excellent GM an staff. Very friendly and great on customer service.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

My first stay at an Ayres property. Happily, my family and I were quite pleased with the clean and newish rooms, comfortable beds and a very solid (and free) breakfast. But what most impresses me about the Ayres Suites YL is the staff. Each and everyone we interacted with, including housekeeping and the kitchen staff, was friendly and genuine. This reflects quite well on the management and company culture as a whole--in that the employees truly like their jobs and actually enjoy interacting with the customers--a rare phenomenon these days, even in the hospitality business.

Room Tip: upstairs canyon view seems to be the move
omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I loved the hotel. clean room, great price, great people. My only knock and the only reason it didn't give it 5 stars was because the shampoo is horrible. I normally use suave, which is the cheapest you can buy. My hair felt greasy by noon with this shampoo. Easy fix, and you should do it soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Ayres Suites Yorba Linda? Share your experiences!