“Inventive, often unusual, but always tasty” 4 of 5 stars

(530) 668-4009
Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 125 Restaurants in Woodland
California
“Inventive, often unusual, but always tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Savory is the place to go for breakfast or lunch and it pays to get there early. If you love their split pea soup like I do, they might run out by the time I get there. I will never forget the time my husband and I decided to have a Sunday lunch there and forgot about the after church crowd. Our waiter apologetically said, "I'm sorry but we don't have much food left." So I started to asked if he had such and such, which he didn't, and we were at a stalemate. Then someone suggested that they had a program on their computer where they could input the ingredients they had left and it would spit out recipes and suggestions. Did we want to try. Sure and it was delicious.. Their portions are large, too large for me, The place is on Main Street with lots of windows and opens into a courtyard that includes The Gifted Penguin, an interesting gift shop, and Amana Essentials, a wellness center and shop.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Green Bay, Wisconsin
“THE place to have breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Good service, great food and friendly employees. Great way to start the day. We eat here every Sunday when in town.

Visited September 2013
Woodland, California
“Never have I had worse service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Came in for sunday breakfast. Staff totally ignored us. Had to retrieve flatware and napkins ourselves. Wouldnever recommend this place. Took 30 min to get breakfast after we ordered.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Alta Loma, California
“Throw back feel with throw back portions...HUGE!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stopped in for breakfast on a Sunday morning while driving from Or to So. Cal. Wanted something not part of a big chain type place. This is the type of place most small towns have had for years yet we see fewer & fewer of as small eateries disappear.

If you're calorie conscious, this might not be the place to eat on a regular basis. We indulged!
My husband had "The Serendipity", our daughter had a waffle stack w/ bananas, & I had the eggs w fresh fruit & toast. We also had 4 mini cinnamon rolls (yum!). All of it was very home made tasting and good! We were STUFFED!

I hope this small town cafe is around to serve Woodland for many years !

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Corona, California
“Best French Dip Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Four of us visited the cafe while in town for a horse show. We all ordered the French Dip sandwich. Two of us are French Dip aficionados, and we agreed it was the best every. One of us had onion rings, also declared excellent as were the fries. The server was friendly and attentive, even leaving her break area to thank us.

• Visited May 2013