“I wish there was a choice of "fairly good"...” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Woodland
Irvine, California
“I wish there was a choice of "fairly good"...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

As long as you are o.k. with staying THERE, just there, on the INside of the hotel grounds with the very nice little pool and two great jacuzzi's, basic clean rooms, nice staff in a room away from the highway -- and do not want to take a walk around or look for another restaurant other than the Perry's Cozy Diner (think Coco's or Norm's), then this is nice. They have very basic self-serve breakfast items available for the rate. But outside is....well...nothing -- other than the Diner, a Rice Mill across the street, and highways.....Not sure where the Woodland in the town's title is located, but it is NOT there.

Room Tip: Ask for triple A discount for sure.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Bethlehem
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

When I travel without my family I ask for an interior room by the office and I feel safe here though it is close to I-5 on ramp.Rooms are clean and inexpensive. Interior court yard is attractive for a hotel in this price range. Beds are comfortable, It is quiet. I use this prior to my 0600 flights because it is 10 minutes from the Sacramento Internatiional airport. I have stayed here twice per year for several years. I selected it through trip advisor. I have never had a noise issue from the freeway but I am not here during the day when people would use the pool in the courtyard. I have stayed in the outer rooms as well as the courtyard rooms and they are quiet except when a car pulls in or out.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

trtjkill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Loved everything until the long trek across hotel grounds to take a shower...very uncomfortable..had a great room by the pool and breakfast was okay..I would stay there again..Not much in the way of retaurants and businesses in the area, however...so eat before you get there.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

San Diego, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

This hotel is extremely well kept up. The grounds are neat and clean, the rooms are in good order and clean. Even the handrails outside got wiped down every day we were there! Paint is kept up, everything is just in tip-top shape!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Riverside, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

The front desk staff were very pleasant. The continental breakfast was acceptable. The hotel rooms are very outdated. The pillows were lumpy and the bed was not comfortable. There was no TV guide. The room lacked sufficient outlets in order to plug in and charge our various devices.

Room Tip: This hotel is located deep in the back of a large parking lot which serves several businesses. You w...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hemet
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

The room was huge, immaculate, amazingly quiet and nicely furnished. It had a king bed, sofa, two chairs, desk, wet bar with microwave and refrig. The bathroom was also immaculate with huge counter space. All for less than $100. Will surely stay here again when in the area.

Stayed June 2014
Woodland, CA, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I arrived on a Thursday evening with reservations for the weekend I made online. I was in a bridal party as a groomsman in which our room were all located close to each other for preparation on wedding day. When I arrived to the Shadow Inn, The lady at the front desk was very rude to me and told me that she did not have me in the system and I had not booked a room with them. After asking her a few times to double check, I finally showed her my ID, credit card used to book, and confirmation email. She then re-looked up my information. I turned out she had given my room away and had let another person sign for my room she told me. I asked her if I could get my room because of the wedding party and plans we had made. She stated that she could not, but would get me into another room, which was on the other side and on the second level of the hotel. At this point I had been on the road for a long time and was very tired. She was not being very friendly or accommodating with me, so I just asked if I could get into any room. The location she put me in made the wedding preparation a pain, but I managed. Another reason I would not recommend this particular hotel was that room cleaning never came to our room even though after not coming to our room the next morning, I asked the front desk if they would the next day. There was no "please do not disturb on the door", and despite requesting this when they were cleaning other rooms, they never made an attempt to provide clean towels or any other service to our room. I had to go up front to get towels each time. I have stayed in Best Westerns many times in the past and have had good experiences and typically choose this hotel on my vacations because of great service and price, but this particular time left me with a very bad taste in my mouth. These are the reasons I would not recommend this particular hotel to someone else.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Shadow Inn? Share your experiences!