“Older hotel and construction” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Woodland
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Older hotel and construction”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was only about 15 minutes from the Sacramento airport
We had a late flight and did not want to drive all the way to Berkely after a long flight. It was ok. There were a lot of fast food restaurants close. Staff was very friendly. Room was ok. Fairly clean, but a lot of dirt on sink ledge. ewwwww!
Very noisy in the morning. Should have skipped the free breakfast. Hotel pictures showed eggs and sausage. Being gluten free it is something we consider when booking. No sausage at all that day and eggs ran out and were never replenished. There was fresh fruit and yogurt, burned coffee and lots of carbs.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bhavini M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
I apologize about your unsatisfactory stay. Our hotel has a full hot breakfast from 6am-9am 7 days a week. We have trained our staff and manage our hotel with standards. We appreciate your comments, and will keep training our staff to serve you better.

Bhavini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Weed, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Traveling on business. Pretty cheap place to stay. Recently remodeled. New furniture. Quiet. Breakfast was lackluster at best. Would stay again. Only 15 minutes from Sacramento airport. Plenty of restaurants in walking distance. Walmart and Target nearby as well.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to review our hotel. We appreciate your business. Our hotel was just renovated and upgraded in many areas. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Northern California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Last week I checked into this motel. I had never stayed here before, and had made my reservation (for a one-night stay) over the telephone six days before. The desk clerk said I had "no reservation." With closer investigation, the clerk found my reservation for the week before, on October 2nd -- for which I was a "no-show" and my credit card was charged for that night. I tried to explain why I was sure I had made my reservation for the 7th, but it was his word against mine. He had a room available for that night (the 7th), so I took it.

I was part of a group of about a dozen motorists who had all had made our reservations individually, some as early as three months earlier. Another driver in our group was ALSO billed for "no-show" on an earlier date. In my opinion two of us in a group of 12 is an unusual coincidence.

For me, my separate problem could have been avoided IF I had asked this motel for a written confirmation by e-mail. I WILL DO SO IN THE FUTURE.

Room Tip: I had to take a smoking room, because that was all they had available.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
I apologize for the mix up on your reservation. Our staff will go the extra mile to help our valued guest, be comfortable. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention.

Groveland, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We are here with a group of about 15 people. Three people who had confirmed reservations, with reservation numbers didn't have rooms available when they arrived around 4 PM. They will be contacting their credit cards, as they believe they have already been charged- a scam...we think.
We had reserved a King, but when we got here, we had two beds, One member of the group had requested a handicapped room, as they cannot make it to the 2nd floor, but all the rooms on lower floor had been given away. Eventually with some switching within the group we got the handicapped lower floor room for the people who needed it, and we got our King room. We will see what happens tomorrow with the room charges.
Other than this horrible mess up, the room is nice and the air conditioning works. Tnere are no hand towels in the bathroom, and the bath towels are worse than the ones we carry in the car for emergencies, Also the swimming pool is dirty.
This could be a very nice place, if 1) they would get their reservations sorted out and not double book, and 2) they improve the towels.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back of the hotel- there is a train and freeways nearby.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Mountain Home, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Close to the airport and clean. It's tucked in behind a filling station and in the mall area. No food handy I noticed other than quick takeout style. Staff was courteous and better than I expected. It's only a few miles on the interstate to SMF airport and handy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Berkeley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Hotel is very clean , rooms are nice and beds are very comfortable. The manager at the hotel is kind and with great customer service. Pool is clean and hot tub is nice and warm. Breakfast is great for the price. Kids friendly !! I will really recommend this hotel and we will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed one night on the way to Eureka. Rough neighborhood but nice hotel & staff for the cost. Our party had 4 people in 2 room. Our first room had an odd odor. When I spoke to the front desk they happily changed our room. That room was fine.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!