“A bed and a roof over your head” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Woodland
Save Saved
You added Days Inn Woodland to your Saves list
Days Inn Woodland
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1524 E. Main Street, Main Street & Hwy 113, Woodland, CA 95776   |
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Woodland
Syracuse, New York
“A bed and a roof over your head”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at this establishment over a weekend as we had a wedding in town. Its conveniently located right off I-5, 10 mins from the airport, and maybe 20 mins from Sacramento provided there is no traffic.

The rooms were clean and the bed is firm (which I prefer but everyone is different). The linens have a strong smell to them and the room smelt like it was smoked in even though we asked for a non-smoking room; overall the entire place smells as they are doing construction so be prepared for the smell of paint and other building/finishing materials. You can definitely tell the place is aged, but given the price I don't think that's a problem. The shower head is awful as I'm sure R-Kelly's stream is stronger than whatever was coming out of that thing. The 'pool' is about the size a pea pod, not that I would recommend someone go swimming in it anyways.

Due to the renovations, breakfast was provided in a room across from the lobby. Cereal, toast, butter, peanut butter, jelly, coffee, yogurt, and refrigerated omelettes were on hand. There is free wifi which is adequate for browsing, but if you're planning on using a VPN then you should rethink that move.

Given the price point, you can't really expect much or complain. It is cheap and the rooms are clean, but it is very rough around the edges. Are there worse hotels? Absolutely. Would I stay here again? For a day or two, its not the worst place in the world, but for more than that then I would look elsewhere.

Cleaning staff is extremely friendly so I will gibe them that.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
southwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is not the newest motel but it was clean and comfortable. We arrived about midnight and was checked in right away. The lobby was under renovation so the continental breakfast was served in a side room. The food was as expected....cereal-breads-juice-milk-cooked eggs-fruit and was refilled often. The room was quiet and the bed was comfortable. It was a good place to spend the night after arriving by plane in Sacramento so we could get an early start. It's easy to find.....right off I-5 and behind the McDonald's on Main St. We paid $80 for the night and thought it was worth it. Would recommend to others.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

1. My husband kept telling me: "You get what you pay for". It was $50 per night through booking buddy. If you have to, don't stay for more than 1 night. This motel is sandwiched between two freeways, on a very busy street, and is placed conveniently behind a McDonald's and an abandoned restaurant. A storage place is behind this motel.

2. They bill you upfront for all of your nights' stays. That was my second mistake.
I had to find a cheap hotel/motel to help my daughter move out of her Davis apartment. I knew I would only be sleeping and showering in the room, so I originally didn't care about the aesthetics. Boy do I care now!!

CONSTRUCTION DURING LABOR DAY WEEK: The front door to the motel was blocked when I arrived, so they had me check in through a small front window and then they charged me for all 4 nights' stays. They are upgrading the lobby and sitting area, but it don't look like they will be upgrading the rest of the motel.

3. The motel has no elevator. I had just come from Sac airport and I tend to pack heavy. So, I was placed on the second floor. The room was older, but it was big, and needed some SERIOUS updating; the lobby area was the only priority.

4. I entered through the "side" door and walked up a decent flight of stairs to get to my room. Construction materials were being transported through the same door, so, in the morning, my rental car was "blocked" in with caution tape. That evening, another guest was busy searching for ice. It had been in the 90's all week and because of "construction" there was no ice. Forget about any kind of continental breakfast.

5. The tub/shower dripped all night long. You CAN hear trucker traffic, at night, on the second floor; I was told it was very quiet at night. Why wouldn't I hear it? The train is right down the same street!

I left two days before checkout because I really needed to be out of there. I love Woodland because it is a quaint little town that is trying hard to bring business to the area, but, I just couldn't stay there. There are better options just down the road off of the I-5, Hampton and Holiday Inn (across the freeway from the Target and Costco. Or stay in Woodland, at one of the rustic historical hotels.

Room Tip: Book down the road in the Woodland historic district, or on the I-5 near Costco.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Pahrump, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If not familiar with Woodland , a little hard to find as is off main street in behind McDonalds. They were having some construction but was quiet, wasn't disturbed at all, staff was friendly and helpful. Beds were comfortable, and AC worked great.

Room Tip: hotel is off the main street and away from the highway so was quiet. Although there was construction...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Vermilion, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This was quite an easy motel to find, as it was along the main street. There was a McDonald's very close by. The room was clean. The shower was very short, as I am 5'5" and I had to bend over. There was no bathtub plug. The breakfast was very simple. We paid $82 for the night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Woodland? Share your experiences!