“Another great Hampton Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Woodland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Another great Hampton Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

On our drive back home to Canada along the I5 travelling from California we usually stop at Lathrop, CA and stay at the Hampton Inn there.

This year we decided to push through and drive another hour before stopping for the night...a decision made on the fly so I was unable to go online and check TA for the best places to stay.

But I had my Hampton Inn book so we pulled into Woodland Hampton Inn at around 4pm after a 10 hr drive.

The day desk staff Jose checked us in efficiently but when we opened the door to our room, we detected stale cigarette smoke (and Hampton is a non smoking hotel). It appeared that someone had attempted to cover up the smell with Febreeze.

When I alerted Jose, he came into the room and agreed that it was not fresh so immediately moved us next door with a free upgrade to a jr suite to make up for our 'inconvenience'. It was fresh and clean smelling. We stayed in for the night using our travel cooler of nibblies and the fridge and microwave to make a light dinner. Bed was comfy and room was quiet even though the freeway is close by.

As for the lumpy comforters that people are noting, I think it is because they are cleaned (or at the cover is) after every guest so my guess , it's 'shabby chic'. But I much prefer that look and feel and weight to a heavy weight old style bedspread in some hotel chains which are never cleaned.
We'll be back.

Room Tip: We asked for a room 'away from the freeway' but due to the way the hotel is situated on the...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
San Diego, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

This hotel is ten minutes northwest of the Sacramento Airport, very convenient for those traveling north on I5, right off the freeway. The rooms were comfortable with a small refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. Every staff member we encountered in our two night stay was friendly and helpful, and who can resist the smell of freshly baked cookies available in the late afternoon? Their complimentary breakfast featured hot items as well as the usual continental cold items. We will stay there again the next time we visit Woodland.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Ramona, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Just a few minutes to the airport and about 20 minutes from downtown Sac Town. Just about the nicest place you can stay in Woodland, if you have business there or northwest of the city.

• Stayed November 2011
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

Overall, this is a great hotel. Clean, and nicely decorated. The only downside is that the mattress on my bed sloped down on both sides. I had to sleep in the middle to avoid falling out of bed. Oh, and don't try to stream video through the wifi. Not enough bandwidth.

• Stayed October 2011
Ada, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

We only got one night here, and not much of that. The price the quoted on the phone was about $30 cheaper than listed on their web page. It took this place from a nice place, but more than we really wanted to pay, to a great room at a great price. The beds were very comfortable, and the TV was a nice flat panel. My wife was disappointed we couldn't stay one more night so we would have time to watch a move in our hotel room.
The front desk was very helpful. I had a business internet meeting I had to take at 1, but check in was not till 3, and when I called at noon our room was not ready. I told them I need a private place to take an internet meeting and they said they had a business area. When I got there at 5 till 1 they had my room cleaned, and key ready with the internet password written on the back of the key envelope. They gave me the option of taking call in my room or the business office. My room worked out perfect.
The comforter on the bed was lumpy. I am really not sure if this was a design feature, or a result of them washing the comforter. I am going with the latter option; I like to use any excuse to think the comforters get washed in a hotel. Either way it was on top and really didn't matter.
In the end a very nice room at a great price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Washington, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

Simple, clean accommodations. Staff was a little rude to each other, but not to guests. Thought this would be somewhat closer to airport, but still not bad as long as you have a rental car.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Central California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed in our first Hampton Inn a couple of weeks ago and were very impressed so we chose this one expecting the same. We found out they are not all created equal. Our room was probably 90 degrees plus when we entered after a long day on the road and took a couple of hours with the air on to make it comfortable enough for bedtime. The bedspread/duvet was well worn and lumpy. My husband thinks that is the new chic but I was not impressed. The pool area was closed when we arrived but looked blah compared to the last Hampton Inn. Would probably stay at the Best Western if we were in the area again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Woodland? Share your experiences!