“Awesome service and great food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 122 restaurants in Woodland
Cuisines: Mexican
“Awesome service and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Food is delicious, very good price, fast service. Environment is very "homie". love the art and decorations.

77% Recommend
“Tops in Woodland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We just came back from a delightful dinner for four. The restaurant is beautifully decorated in theme with appropriately dressed staff. It has a short bar and a semiprivate back room plus the dining area.

The menu features meal photos and descriptions in English and Spanish. They offer a wide breadth from specialty drinks, appetizers, light entrees and full dinners. The Camarones al la Diabla (spicy shrimp) with soup (great) or salad (OK) plus carrots in cream and whole beans is my favorite. Do try the carrots in cream. The variety appetizer plate for two will easily serve four. I think is would be best with afternoon beers as a light meal for four.

For Mexican dining in Woodland you can't beat Sol. Heavens knows we do have a lot of Mexican restaurants!

The same family owns El Patio in Woodland (at East and Gibson) which is also a treat. It is more quick serve, in and out with a well trafficed drive-up service.

• Visited January 2014
Woodland, California
“The Best Mexican Food in Woodland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Our family loves this place, the food is very fresh, the prices are great! My kids like it too! We go here at least once a week! The service is outstanding, I have never had any problems!

• Visited December 2013
Winters, ca
“Great for newbies to Mexican food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Wonderful ambiance and brightly costumed staff led me to think this was going to be great. Service was wonderfully attentive and food portions large, but I felt the food was merely good. My partner's chicken mole was spiced more than either of us could eat and my tacos were average - fine but nothing special. Given a choice of soup or salad, take the soup as the small salad had lettuce, one slice of cucumber and a pile of croutons..

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fair Oaks, California
“Yum and yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We went late last night, which I hate to do to a restaurant, but my flight was delayed. We knew we wanted margaritas, and they come in three sizes there. Holy frijoles, the medium is huge, but yummy! I had chicken enchiladas suizas with whole beans, and everything was good, including the fluffy rice. I thought maybe later in the day things would be dried out, but they were all cooked fresh for us. GREAT chips, two types of salsa, sweet as pie server who did not rush us at all. For sure, I'd go back, and there are lots of places for Mexican in Woodland. This place earned my business for sure!

• Visited August 2013