“A Wonderful Find!” 5 of 5 stars

+1 530-661-0428
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kitchen428 Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 122 Restaurants in Woodland
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Vegan, Californian
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bust Street
Description: Kitchen428 Restaurant & Mojo's Lounge are Woodland's premier dining and gathering spots for lunch, dinner, special events, banquets & cocktails. Located on the First Floor of the Jackson Building (Former home of Morrison's Upstairs) Kitchen428 Restaurant specializes in fresh, local and seasonal ingredients in both the creative dishes from the kitchen and in our hand crafted cocktails just next door in Mojo's Lounge. Our menu ranges from Steaks & Filets, fresh Fish & Seafood, Unique Dishes, Gluten Free Options to Vegan Friendly!
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A Wonderful Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stumbled on this neat downtown restaurant and lounge while just passing through. The building, in downtown Woodland, houses a delightful dining room and separate lounge, that are equally comfortable and inviting. The menu is not run of the mill and we found a number of items that set them apart from the norm. We happened to visit on a Wednesday night---prime rib night--- and were delighted with the offering. Being a fan of "end cuts", we found the cut, the flavor and tenderness to be spot on. Prices very reasonable for what you get. Service was attentive and friendly---there when we needed her.

Will we be back? You betcha!

Visited February 2014

Esparto, California
“Date night with hubby”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Such a great find in woodland. Husband a steak guy so he has high standards. He was not disappointed. We had potato skins and mAc cheese for starters. Yum! Dessert chocolate peanut butter mouse which was amazing. Waitress was attentive. Ambience great for our holiday date night!

Visited December 2013
Davis, California
“Nicest Dinner in Woodland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have never had a bad meal here. Wednesday nights are Prime Rib night, and its absolutely amazing. Long story short, come hungry, you won't leave disappointed. Criticisms... Both the Filet Mignon and the RibEye are great, but they rely a little heavily on sauces. We recently had a Christmas Dinner here with my office, and the server they gave our party of 16 was new, and not very attentive. But in contrast, when just my husband and I went a month earlier, the server was AMAZING, so that just tells me its really an ideal place for a date night. The dinning area is a good temp, the music was nice and low and the lighting was perfect. It was very romantic.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
California
“Calm casual elegance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Went to Kitchen428 looking for a steak and had one of the best filet mignons I've had in a long time, cooked perfectly rare. It came with garlic mashed potatoes and sauteed spinach, both were fine. One of our party had the rib eye steak and found it was fine but not exceptional. Her Brussels sprouts were undercooked however. One person started with the mac and cheese appetizer, which was delicious (and a lot of food). I had the bruschetta which was not good. The bread was not crispy, the tomatoes had no flavor and it was covered in a ton of bitter chopped raw garlic. The drizzle of balsamic vinegar did nothing to help. The creme brulee was good and the chocolate cake was dense and yummy. The service was very good and the restaurant's atmosphere is calm, casual elegance.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
California
“Extra special birthday lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I brought a very special friend and her daughter-in-law here for her milestone birthday lunch and was very pleased with not only the delicious food - cobb salad, chicken Panini and their daily special roast beef sandwich on focaccia - but the service was outstanding. The server whispered to me that they would bring out a dish of ice cream with a candle if I thought it was appropriate, which I did, and when I asked if they had any chocolate cake on the dessert menu to go with it, she suggested one that was the hit of the day. You don't turn 80 every day.

I have been here for dinner and have been pleased with their prime rib and skirt steak. The place used to be a popular deli and they have done a nice job redoing the place into a comfortable, quality restaurant and respecting the historical building in which it is located. There is also food available in the adjacent MoJo Bar. When I was there for lunch it was a beautiful fall day and I saw people eating on the balcony.

• Visited October 2013