“Lack of sleep kills satisfaction” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in Woodland
Eugene, Oregon
“Lack of sleep kills satisfaction”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2006

About 9:30PM front desk called and asked if we were smoking in our room as it is not permitted. We said no but asked why there was loud talking, door slamming and children running in the hallway and could they look into it. Then around 10:30PM we called front desk and complained about the continuing noise. We were awakened around midnight by loud talking, doors slamming and running in the hallway. We asked the front desk again to get some peace and quiet. About 30 minutes later, again loud talking outside our door as a pizza was delivered which brought out more door slamming and running in the hallway. Throughout this night we got about four hours of sleep and as far as we know, NOTHING was done to cut down on the noise level. The next morning we talked to a couple that looked bleary eyed and they said they were on the floor below us and all the noise had kept them awake as well. An Innkeeper should be concerned about the satisfaction of customers. Needless to say we won't be back.

• Stayed September 2006

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sacramento Valley
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2006

I had called before getting a rate and when I showed up I was given a different rate. The property is fairly new. Everything seemed to work. But it is no frills and basic. What I did not like about the place was the staff there. They gave me a rate over the phone but when I showed up I was given a different rate. The suite is a bit more but not really worth it because the configuration was strange. It looks as though they are building a new property next door. There are not really too many good places to stay in Woodland. I think one might be better off staying in Natomas area of the Sacramento or Davis, CA.
I don't think I'll ever stay at this property again!

• Liked — Location, Near Walmart and Applebees and Sonic
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Think about staying in Natomas or Davis
  • Stayed February 2006
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Palm Harbor, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2005

The hotel was fine - I didn't find it to be exceptional or far superior to many other Holiday Inn Express hotels - but the one thing we didn't realize is that the hotel is in a primarily industrial area. The town of Woodland isn't far mind you, but there are no restaurants or shops within walking distance of this hotel. The pool is indoors and was pretty cloudy, though I did see kids preparing to go in. I wouldn't have ventured in myself. We checked out a couple of days early because we wanted something more centrally located and moved to a Holiday Inn closer to Sacramento.

• Stayed July 2005
Meridian, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2005

I stayed here for one night, and it was quite possibly the nicest holiday inn in existance. The room was outstanding. Marble floors in the bathroom, q-tips, makeup remover pads, nice sinks, nice shower and water pressure. The room felt similar to a venetian or mirage in las vegas.

The indoor pool and spa was nice, and was open until 10 PM. There was also great warm cookies that were available at check-in. There was an ATM machine in the lobby. The rooms had coffee machines, refrigerators, microwaves, etc. Even included was free hot chocolate.

The hotel allowed pets which was nice, as I brought Daniella, my dog, with me.

The downsides:
1) The vending machines wouldn't accept any of my dollar bills - and the ones downstairs were out of order
2) My room was right next to the ice machine and elevator, which was a bit noisier than I'd like, but since I had my dog with me I wasn't complaining.
3) You could not enter through the side doors - everyone had to enter through the main door.

• Stayed May 2005

Been to Holiday Inn Express Woodland? Share your experiences!