“Kindness and Honesty” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Woodland
Redding, California
“Kindness and Honesty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

These days, its my experience as a business traveler that folks don't go the extra mile, but two very special ladies who worked at the Holiday Inn Express Woodland on March 18-19 certainly did.

Briefly, I checked in after midnight and left around 9am the following morning. There had been a death in my family, so I needless to say I was a little pre-occupied. I got a call on my cell phone about 30 minutes later-- the lady at the front desk said I had left my computer tablet in the room-- the housekeeper found it and immediately brought it to her-- she said she tried a number my profile had but it wasn't right-- she went to IGH rewards program and found my work cell and called me--- I was able to come back and get it.

For some, it may sound like a very simple thing-- but I know it wasn't-- it took 2 very honest ladies to want to help me.

After 10 years of business travel, no staff in any of the hundreds of places I have stayed has ever done that for me-- I can't imagine the hundreds of customers per day that come through, but I was treated like I was the only one. So this makes me feel pretty special-- like HI Woodland " had my back".....and really cares.

Your hotel is my first choice anytime I am in the area!

Patti H.
Redding CA

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
RajSangha, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodland, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your terrific review and for staying at our hotel. We do our best to go above and beyond and we are so pleased our staff achieved that. I'm also happy to hear you got your tablet back. Our condolence goes at to you and your family. We look forward to see you again in the near future.

HIE Staff Woodland,CA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Denver, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stayed here because there was a shuttle from the airport and the location was also convenient for me to be picked up by a colleague the next day. The staff were very friendly, the breakfast was great and the room comfortable. No good restaurants in walking distance but I am sure the shuttle would take me if I wanted.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
RajSangha, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodland, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving us a great review. We want to thank you for noticing our friendly staff. We will be sure to share your feedback with our staff.

Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Nice hotel had a little minor things like the shower head was not great. The staff was friendly offered a free bottle of water because the water in fitness center was empty. Breakfast had a few choices wish they had more healthy breakfast options like low cal yogurt and wheat bread but overall quite nice. Only down side was that the highway was noisy at night and the bed sagged slightly.

Room Tip: Avoid near the elevator you can hear it all the time and is quite noisy.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Moline, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night after arriving late in Sacramento Airport. The proximity to the airport is great! Don't hesitiate to make a stop here. The front desk was so helpful when we arrived as they directed us to the nearest store for snacks. The room was very clean and the bed comfy. Breakfast was exactly what you would expect at Holiday Inn Express. I would not hesitate to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
RajSangha, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodland, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for an excellent review. We are pleased you enjoyed our accommodations. We will share your wonderful review with our staff. It’s guest like you that make our hotel great. Thank you for staying hope to see you in the near future.

HIE Staff Woodland,CA
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

As we would expect, this Holiday Inn Express is a notch above most competitors. Clean, modern, a great location, a helpful staff and pet friendly. It is a little on the pricey side for folks just passing through but, not unexpected, given its proximity to Sacramento Airport, etc. They did not charge extra for our pet, a welcome surprise.

Would we stay here again? You bet! When you figure the added value of the complimentary breakfast, it becomes a pretty good value.

Room Tip: Not many hotels in the area accept pets. That may save time when calling around for reservations. Ri...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
RajSangha, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodland, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the fabulous review. We appreciate you staying at our hotel and taking time out of your day for great feedback.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We always try to stop here on our way through. It is almost like coming home. Close to shopping and the old Town which is great for walking and strolling. My only complaint is the swimming pool needs to be open earlier. Would love to go for a swim before departure. The front desk is always helpful and pleasant. Rooms and beds are great.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
RajSangha, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodland, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the nice review. We are pleased to hear you love our hotel we strive to go above and beyond for all our guests. Our pool hours open at 9:30 am we have guest rooms nearby so we try to keep noise down in the early hours. Next time you come to visit we will be more than happy to give you an extended check out of 2pm so you can enjoy extra time in our pool.

Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is my second extended stay (11 NIghts) at this facility. As one who travels frequently, I have the opportunity to stay at many motels. This was one of my pleasant experiences.
The Housekeeping for my stay was some of the best I have had. The staff was very nice, accommodating and actually cleaned the room. :-)
Very impressed with this housekeeping staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
RajSangha, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodland, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Larry,

We are very pleased that you were so impressed with our staff and the cleanliness of our hotel. Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave a terrific review. We appreciate all the positive feedback and thank you for being a loyal guest.

HIE Staff Woodland, CA

Been to Holiday Inn Express Woodland? Share your experiences!