Stayed here whilst our son was playing in the State Cup soccer tournament at the Woodland Community Center. Judging from the number of jerseys at breakfast it seems most people in the hotel were doing the same. It is about a 10 minute drive to the Woodland Community Center. (If you are staying on business on weekends in the Fall, you might want to check if there is a tournament going on if you don't want to be overrun by hoards of soccer players).
The hotel decor has newish, run-of-the mill budget hotel decor, nothing out of the ordinary. It gets a low rating for the following:
1. Parking Lot - Not enough parking spaces for the number of rooms - the parking lot is really small, too small, Twice we came back to the hotel and found there were no spaces available, once the clerk just shrugged and told us to go park on the street. Call me crazy but I kind of would like to park in the hotel I'm booked at, especially since the street outside the hotel is kind of isolated and right by the freeway - hello, car thieves! Fortunately, a second desk clerk with a little more sense of customer service offered to move his own car and the hotel shuttle to free up spaces but no idea what happened to the guests who arrived after us.
2. Breakfast - If your idea of a gourmet meal can be found in the dumpster behind McDonalds then you will probably love the hotel breakfast. Milk from the refrigerator was curdled, despite being within the sell-by date, Raisin-Bran was stale, watery orange-juice and some bizarre made-in-a-laboratory egg substitute rubber puck. You will get far, far better in the equivalent level of the Marriott chain.
3. Room Allocation issues - Booked 2 rooms together, but the hotel originally had us on a completely different floor from our children, despite a booking request asking for inter-connecting rooms. At check-in we said this wouldn't work and were immediately given 2 different rooms on the same floor. When we walked over to the rooms we realized that they were on opposite sides of the corridor and down the hallway from each other. Another trip back to reception and we got 2 rooms next to each other but without an interconnecting door. I don't know if they don't have any rooms with interconnecting doors but I am surprised that it took 3 tries to get rooms next to each other when the hotel clearly wasn't full and they had the reservation clearly showing there were children with us.
Also, I am just looking at the professional photo of the indoor pool that is on Trip-advisor - it could use a little clarification. The pool is really quite nice but is very small - it's certainly not for adults swimming laps, great for little kids to splash around in but get any more than about 5 or 6 of them in there and the pool is full
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated near Sacramento International Airport, our hotel's location is ideal for business and leisure travelers alike. Just off Highway 5 and next to E Main St, the Holiday Inn Express(R) Woodland hotel offers easy access to local attractions and businesses, as well as those in Davis and Sacramento. Also, with a 24-hour notice, our free shuttle can take you to and from the Sacramento airport (SMF) from 4am-11:30pm. Our hotel's corporate benefits are superb, and major businesses like the Target Distribution Center, Rite Aid Center, True Value Hardware Warehouse, Halliburton and Seminis are all located near us in Woodland, CA. Additionally, our hotel's 800 sq-ft meeting room has seating for 40 and access to projectors, a TV with VCR/DVD player and free Wi-Fi. Print, fax and copy services are provided in the 24-hour Business Center, too.Looking for something to do? The City of Trees hosts the Yolo County Fair, Sacramento Valley Scottish Games and various dog shows. Just a few feet from our hotel is the Hay's Antique Truck Museum, or you can visit the Woodland Opera House and Yolo County Historical Museum in the downtown area.We strive to make your stay here special. With perks like an indoor heated pool, whirlpool, fitness center, free Wi-Fi access, complimentary hot breakfast bar and free parking, it's easy to see why we're among the best pet friendly hotels in the Sacramento area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Woodland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Woodland Hotel Woodland
- Holiday Inn Woodland
- Woodland Holiday Inn