“Excellent property with consistently good accomodations” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Woodland
Cedar Falls, Iowa
“Excellent property with consistently good accomodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We've stayed at this property numerous times, and have left pleased on all occasions. The staff is attentive, the rooms are always clean, the breakfast hot & plentiful, and the shuttle service operates flawlessly. The convenience to the airport is great, and less traffic in Woodland is appreciated. I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Roseburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

A last minute stop, we choose the Holiday Inn Express in Woodland CA. It was clean, comfortable, and located near the freeway and we couldn't have been happier.

We enjoyed the free wifi, the pool/Jacuzzi, and breakfast. My only complaint was the egg dish in the breakfast. . . when you bit into it, there was a meat like substance that wasn't appealing. Other than that, I enjoyed my coffee and their "world's best cinnamon rolls".

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Wheeling, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Nice big rooms that were comfortable and well-decorated. The breakfast area was large and well-laid out- HI express always can be counted on for a good breakfast. Free cookies and tea in the lobby. Free shuttle from the airport was very nice to have!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I picked this location because they have a complimentary shuttle to/from the airport and I was flying in later in the evening. I called about 3 hours prior to my arrival and asked how the shuttle works and they informed me that I needed to call 24 hours in advance. The gal said it's clearly stated on the website. I just checked the main page, and it is there, but with IHG's set up, that is not how I book a room - there is no need to go to the main page when most of the details are in the hotel listings by distance/brands page. After putting me on hold for several minutes, she was able to confirm a shuttle ride for me. I was appreciative.

The room is a typical HIE room, well appointed, not enough electrical outlets, nice bed, nice tv. The bathroom has one of those doors that shut automatically. I really do not like that so I usually prop open the door with a shoe. As I was getting ready this morning, I had the shower running and the fire alarm started going off! I quickly got dressed and just as I was finishing up, a knock on my door. I said I was coming out and the lady on the other side informed me that the alarm was coming from my room. She then asked if my bathroom door was open. She said that the steam from the shower is what caused the alarm to go off.

In all the years I've been traveling, I have never, ever, had this happen. What an absolutely horrible design.

I finally got the alarm to quit shrieking, went about getting ready and went to breakfast. First coffee pot? Empty. Second coffee pot? Empty. I peeked my head in the "kitchen" to see if there was an attendant and she was texting on her phone. I asked her if she could kindly get some more coffee. The egg omelettes were over cooked and dried up. I don't eat any of the simple carb/sugary breakfast foods, so I don't know how those were.

All in all, I will not stay here again. I can't risk my shower scaring the daylights out of the other guests.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodland, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear Beth K,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. I am very sorry to hear about the troubles you encountered during your stay. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
La Habra, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Our family of five along with our two dogs stayed here on our way back from a family reunion in Oregon and it was wonderful! The suite was clean, comfortable and convenient. We appreciated the complimentary breakfast in the morning, and both our check-in and check-out were simple and quick.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I have been staying in Woodland off and on for a couple of years for business. The location is very convenient to both the airport in Sacramento and my project site. Close to nice unique restaurants, too! Hotel is clean, spacious, and has nice amenities

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Orinda, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Arrived in morning around 9:30 am and asked for an early check in, clerk, Latina woman, only saying ethnicity for identification, automatically stated if there is a room available I would have to pay an extra day, I asked her when I can check in and she said not till 12:30. It was hot outside and I told her I have medical issues, but she was too busy small talking to another employee and continued to ignore me.
I went shopping to stay out of heat, temperatures suppose to climb to 108 today, and I came back around 11:30, Another clerk, blonde, I think her name is lizzy, was extremely friendly greeted me, (unlike the bad clerk), and told me she would check to see if there are any rooms available. Upon checking she easily found a room, asked me if I needed a restaurant guide, handed me one and told me of all the services that the inn provides. I asked her for directions and she pulled out a map and directed me. She was the complete opposite of the other clerk, beware of the front desk receptionist, one could care less and the other is extremely welcoming.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Woodland, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear debmata,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I apologize for the service that you have received which is not up to your par. This is definitely not up to our standards and we are constantly working on improving the quality of service provided. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Woodland? Share your experiences!