“Avoid.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Woodland

You added Motel 6 Woodland to your Saves list
Motel 6 Woodland
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1564 East Main Street, I-5 at East Main Street, Woodland, CA 95776   |
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Woodland
“Avoid.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Traveling with a group of 4 teenagers on a road trip, we chose Motel 6 because of the price and, no-frills reliability - or so I thought.

The place has a grimy feel to the outside...I think it is functioning as an extended stay hotel for vagrants. There was a woman sitting on the stairs having a smoke at 1:00 a.m. who couldn't be bothered to move over as we carted our luggage up to our rooms.

The rooms themselves have been renovated with laminate wood flooring. The bathroom is a standard Motel 6 throne and hose-off, except the showers are a bit larger than I remember. The beds, though, were the ultimate in skeezy. Between our two rooms, three of the beds had pubic hair on the sheets, and one of the sets of sheets had stains.

Housekeeping came up and changed the sheets, and manager gave us a $25 refund on our stay. While I appreciated that small sop, it will not be enough to entice me back ever again, or to warn others away.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Return trip... Very tired when I arrived. Front desk was friendly and efficient, check-in was fast. Room was identical to the one I'd stayed in on the outbound leg in Red Bluff main thing clean and no odors. Front desk called after I was in room to see if everything was sufficient. Again location was close to food, gas and the freeway...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
northern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed at the Woodland Motel 6 because I was exhibiting at a dog show at the Yolo County Fairgrounds. If you are traveling with a dog, Motel 6 is a good choice in general. They have a generous policy of allowing dogs without any size limits and they do not charge a pet fee. I have to praise the housecleaning staff because they vacuumed up all the dog hair and left the room very clean. The front desk staff was very friendly too. Unfortunately, the Woodland Motel 6 is adjacent to an I-5 exit and the area seemed to have quite a few transients loitering. If I had not had a large dog with me, I would not have felt safe walking at night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Salem
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here for one night earlier this week. I don't expect much from a Motel 6 but this was ridiculous. The woman who checked me in was very nice but was having trouble getting the cleaning staff to tell her if my room was ready. It wasn't so they put me in another room. When I walked into the room it had the awful smell you get in a beauty salon. There was dried wax all over the top of the storage area and the bathroom was gross. The carpets looked like they had frightening fluids spilled throughout. Anytime you went outside you would hit a wall of smoke from all the people smoking there. A lot of the people that stay there seem to be long time residents and give the appearance of a halfway house. It was a scary place. Even if you are on a tight budget it is best to avoid this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed in this hotel because we had spent 15 hours on the road, and our 6 year old was complaining of aching legs. So, while in a perfect world we would have continued on to Sacramento, we figured it was best to put her (and her sleeping 3 year old brother) to bed. Checked into this motel w/ little problem, and the front desk staff was friendly enough. But the hotel was a disaster area, one of the worst I've ever seen. There was a HUGE (8" diameter) stain between the two bloods that looked like blood, no joke. The kids were so tired, and we had already brought enough stuff up from the car that we just put down a towel and tried to ignore it. It was a non-smoking room, but the comforters had cigarette burns. There was a woman downstairs feeding 8 cats in front of her room. There were blood (?) splatters on the curtains. The bathroom was a few months overdue for a serious cleaning. All in all, the room was cheap, and I guess the saying "you get what you pay for" is certainly true in this case. Unless you are spectacularly tired (as we were) or you've got exhausted kids (as we did), stay the hell away from this dump. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about it at all.

Room Tip: Best way to get a good room is to chose a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Blaine, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

While en route to Carlsbad, CA, my two cats and I stayed one night (thank goodness!) at the Motel 6 in Woodland, CA. A previous Motel 6 accommodation (Medford, OR) was just dandy. But here in Woodland, the disgusting unidentifiable body fluids on one of the pillows, the HUGE (and I mean HUGE) dead spider in one of the overhead ceiling lights, the smell of stale cigarettes in my non-smoking room, the crusted-over shower...well, it's not pretty. I read the reviews before coming here, but my reservations were made before I left home. And since I'm on a schedule, I thought I'd risk the stay. Mistake! I should know to trust Trip Advisor reviews. Don't make this same mistake.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Fort Bragg, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Appearance of room was allright, the comforter was a gross texture so we removed that only to find the blanket beneath unwashed and with body fluids crusted on it. That is pretty disturbing...

Besides that, it is very noisy. A better bet we found after leaving was the econo lodge a mile or so down the road.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Woodland? Share your experiences!