“Friendly staff...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Woodland- Sacramento Area

You added Motel 6 Woodland- Sacramento Area to your Saves list
Motel 6 Woodland- Sacramento Area
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1564 East Main Street, I-5 at East Main Street, Woodland, CA 95776   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Woodland
Vancouver
“Friendly staff...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Return trip... Very tired when I arrived. Front desk was friendly and efficient, check-in was fast. Room was identical to the one I'd stayed in on the outbound leg in Red Bluff main thing clean and no odors. Front desk called after I was in room to see if everything was sufficient. Again location was close to food, gas and the freeway...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
northern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I stayed at the Woodland Motel 6 because I was exhibiting at a dog show at the Yolo County Fairgrounds. If you are traveling with a dog, Motel 6 is a good choice in general. They have a generous policy of allowing dogs without any size limits and they do not charge a pet fee. I have to praise the housecleaning staff because they vacuumed up all the dog hair and left the room very clean. The front desk staff was very friendly too. Unfortunately, the Woodland Motel 6 is adjacent to an I-5 exit and the area seemed to have quite a few transients loitering. If I had not had a large dog with me, I would not have felt safe walking at night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Salem
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here for one night earlier this week. I don't expect much from a Motel 6 but this was ridiculous. The woman who checked me in was very nice but was having trouble getting the cleaning staff to tell her if my room was ready. It wasn't so they put me in another room. When I walked into the room it had the awful smell you get in a beauty salon. There was dried wax all over the top of the storage area and the bathroom was gross. The carpets looked like they had frightening fluids spilled throughout. Anytime you went outside you would hit a wall of smoke from all the people smoking there. A lot of the people that stay there seem to be long time residents and give the appearance of a halfway house. It was a scary place. Even if you are on a tight budget it is best to avoid this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed in this hotel because we had spent 15 hours on the road, and our 6 year old was complaining of aching legs. So, while in a perfect world we would have continued on to Sacramento, we figured it was best to put her (and her sleeping 3 year old brother) to bed. Checked into this motel w/ little problem, and the front desk staff was friendly enough. But the hotel was a disaster area, one of the worst I've ever seen. There was a HUGE (8" diameter) stain between the two bloods that looked like blood, no joke. The kids were so tired, and we had already brought enough stuff up from the car that we just put down a towel and tried to ignore it. It was a non-smoking room, but the comforters had cigarette burns. There was a woman downstairs feeding 8 cats in front of her room. There were blood (?) splatters on the curtains. The bathroom was a few months overdue for a serious cleaning. All in all, the room was cheap, and I guess the saying "you get what you pay for" is certainly true in this case. Unless you are spectacularly tired (as we were) or you've got exhausted kids (as we did), stay the hell away from this dump. There is absolutely nothing redeeming about it at all.

Room Tip: Best way to get a good room is to chose a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Blaine, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

While en route to Carlsbad, CA, my two cats and I stayed one night (thank goodness!) at the Motel 6 in Woodland, CA. A previous Motel 6 accommodation (Medford, OR) was just dandy. But here in Woodland, the disgusting unidentifiable body fluids on one of the pillows, the HUGE (and I mean HUGE) dead spider in one of the overhead ceiling lights, the smell of stale cigarettes in my non-smoking room, the crusted-over shower...well, it's not pretty. I read the reviews before coming here, but my reservations were made before I left home. And since I'm on a schedule, I thought I'd risk the stay. Mistake! I should know to trust Trip Advisor reviews. Don't make this same mistake.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Appearance of room was allright, the comforter was a gross texture so we removed that only to find the blanket beneath unwashed and with body fluids crusted on it. That is pretty disturbing...

Besides that, it is very noisy. A better bet we found after leaving was the econo lodge a mile or so down the road.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stopped in this Motel 6 at Woodland,Ca after long days drive, we stayed in non smoking / no pet room, the room stunk and the carpet was so disgusting I wouldn't even let my dog sleep on it if it were with me. The bed wasn't bad typical for Motel 6, the blanket though was like a piece of cardboard, the TV reception is all snowy, the bathroom is small but clean.
on the plus side this is the quietest Motel 6 I've ever stayed at only because there are so few people staying here I guess. I definitely will be avoiding this motel in the future.

The worst Motel 6 I've stayed as was Motel 6 at SeaTac,Wa , by the airport a few years ago, we stayed there, only to have the SeaTac Police SWAT team & Federal agents run through the halls of the motel forcing to stay in our room, because somebody on the FBI's most wanted list was in a room down the hall from us, The place was rundown dump, I actually got sick afterwards either from the staying there or food poisoning from the restaurant meal I had in Seattle.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodland
Days Inn Woodland
Comfort Suites Woodland
Comfort Suites Woodland
#4 of 12 in Woodland
4.5 of 5 stars 5 reviews

Been to Motel 6 Woodland- Sacramento Area? Share your experiences!