“Great authentic Mexican food served by warm staff at good prices.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of El Charro Mexican Restaurant

Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Davis, California
“Great authentic Mexican food served by warm staff at good prices.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Located on Main Street, Woodland is one of my favorite Mexican resturants. El Charro is not some weird fusion chefs attempt at cullinary art. Where you got some sort of seared free range rabbit taco in a lime butter cream freiche. Nor is it a South Park style Casa Bonita, over the top waterfall cliff diver and mariachi band amusement park. El Charro a straight up Mexican resturant to get my combination plate and a Negra Modelo. The friendly staff and clean, pleasant dining room are are warm and welcoming. Like I said, most of the menu items are tasty but their recipe for guacamole is not quite my style ---- I still manage to kill an order of it every time I'm there.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Florida
“Great food and excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

What a great find! We went to El Charro with our daughter and son-in-law for dinner and each of us left there commenting on our how delicious it was. They have an extensive menu - with so many dishes we had difficulty choosing. Our daughter's veggie burrito was HUGE and our son-in-law's carne asada filled his plate. My wife's taco salad came with grilled chicken and fresh greens. I had a fish taco and a carne asada tostada. The taco was rather small and the fish was chopped in tiny pieces but the tostada was tasty. The salsa was flavorful and spicy but rather thin. To top it off they have a full bar and the beer comes in gigantic mugs. Very attentive and friendly service. Our server (sorry I didn't get his name) was especially jovial and welcoming. We'll be back!

Visited June 2013
Mendocino, CA
“El Charro, Our Favorite Place in Woodland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Breakfast, lunch or dinner, we love El Charro in Woodland, CA. Authentic Mexican cuisine in a charming environment that reminds me of California Mexican ambience of a bygone era. Generous portions that are reasonably priced. The staff is warm and friendly. This has become our usual stop whenever we are in Woodland.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rancho Cordova, California
“Great food for the family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stopped here when Hubby and I took the grandkids to a show at the Old Opera HOuse in Woodland. It was family friendly, clean and had authentic food at great prices !! We will be eating here again when in the Woodlnad area !!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winters, California
“Yummmmm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Great service, great food, great architecture, loved it. The food was as good as any restaurant of this style I've ever been to, at a very fare price. Bar area, with a great family feel atmosphere.

Visited August 2012