“Better than most Mexican restaurants, a local gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 122 restaurants in Woodland
Cuisines: Mexican
Chandler, Arizona
“Better than most Mexican restaurants, a local gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My wife and I had the great fortune to choose Silvinia's for dinner on the first of September, 2012 on our trip home from Oregon. The restaurant is attractive as was our waitress. She was not only sweet but helpful and knowledgeable. We had fabulous seafood dinners with delicious rice and beans. I complained to our server that the rice and beans were cold and she immediately had a much larger and very hot portion brought to us. To make it up to us they didn't charge us for my wife's huge and delicious cocktail! I would recommend this restaurant for their fresh ingredients and extremely flavorful dishes, not your typical Mexican restaurant.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

80% Recommend
Northern CA, USA
“Small servings and kind of spendy...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We went once and won't go back. It seems like they tried to be fancy with the food and it really didn't do anything for us.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Groveland, California
“Farmers Market Fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Their veggie burrito is fantastic! While looking through the Farmer's Market, I found their food booth. Took a chance on the Veggie Burrito and scored a win. Delicious! Wish I'd had time to visit their restaurant.

Visited July 2012
Woodland, California
“A Great Experience at Silvina's Basket”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We have only eaten at Silvina's Basket once, and it was fairly late in the evening, but both the food and the service were great. My husband had fish tacos and I had garlic shrimp, and we were both very pleased with our food. I usually dislike the rice at Mexican restaurants, but theirs was very good. We were the last customers, but they didn't try to rush us. In fact, they were very attentive and wanted to make sure we enjoyed the food and had a good experience. We plan to eat at Silvina's again.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sacramento, California
“Curbside Tacos - Sidewalk Cafe Style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

True Mexican Tacos for two bucks a pop: curbside take away, or sit at a little bistro table and enjoy them right there on their clean and tidy sidewalk patio.

Sylvinia's has added an outside grill that makes the best "taco truck" style tacos I have ever eaten. Plus, I am much more comfortable with the safety of the food coming from a place we already know and love.

The owner and her whole family get involved in this weekend affair and we had such a good time talking to them. Next thing we knew, she was bringing out some new menu items for us to sample. Two tacos turned into a feast.

Footnote: I never get there for lunch, but my friends tell me that they have a really good selection for their weekday lunch buffet.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Silvinia's Basket? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Silvinia's Basket, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.