“Top Quality All Around” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wicky-Up Ranch Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Woodlake
Wicky-Up Ranch Bed and Breakfast
22702 Ave. 344, Woodlake, CA 93286   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Woodlake B&B and Inns
waukesha
“Top Quality All Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were greeted by a whimsical, sculpted, marching band in the driveway which set a delightful tone for our visit. Our hosts graciously took as much time as necessary to help us get from the B&B to both Sequoia and Kings Canyon. Their directions and suggested plans were most helpful. The breakfasts were fantastic and were made with the freshest of ingredients. Both Monica and Jack are great cooks! Our sleeping accommodations were terrific (and quiet) - the mattress was firm and felt like new. We enjoyed walking the grounds through orange groves and viewing the lowing cattle in the nearby hills. The "ranch" is beautifully appointed with collectables and antiques and has a comfortable screened in porch. Definitely 5 stars! Wish we lived closer by so that we could visit more often.

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Yelling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Wicky up ranch is a B&B steeped in history, which the owners share with their guests in a homely yet unobtrusive way. From the family pictures on the walls to Monica's father's flying uniform hung modestly in the corner, not only is this a superb B&B but also a real treat to share something so special. Monica and Jack are excellent hosts, supplying great conversation, even better breakfasts and kindly helped us with pre printed maps of trail routes through the nearby National Parks and great dinner suggestions. We were staying at Wicky Up at the end of a two week tour of California during which we had experienced everything from 5* hotels to a $50 motel, but it was by far the best (and absolutely the most relaxing) stay of our trip. Immaculate and comfortable lodgings in spectacular scenery, and breakfasts that make my mouth water just recalling them, we cannot rate it highly enough!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is one of the best B&B's we have ever stayed at. We felt at home from the moment we walked in the door. We stayed 2 perfect nights inthe upstairs bedroom. Breakfast each morning was a fantastic treat. Monica even adjusted what she made to fit my wife's diet but left my own feast alone. I would advice anyone staying there to listen to any advice that Monica and Jack have to offer about how to plan your time there, it was always right on the money. We will always remember our stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Juliana suite and had the whole upstairs to ourselves.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I have stayed in many B&Bs around Europe and a few in the US. Wicky Up rivals all of them. The breakfasts Monica prepared were some of the best I've ever had, the attention to detail was immaculate and our stay was extremely cozy and relaxing. Monica is very knowledgable about the area, the Sequoia parks and the ranch she grew up on and will surely make your stay enjoyable and memorable. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Glendora, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at Wicky Up to celebrate our anniversary and to do some hiking in Sequoia and Kings Canyon. This was the perfect spot, located an easy distance from both parks.
Our hosts were so helpful with easy to follow maps to the parks, nearby restaurants, shopping and sightseeing. We felt right at home in their B&B, with plenty of places to relax after all of our activities, we especially enjoyed the screened in porch/veranda with comfortable wicker furniture, and the sounds of birds and fountains. Jack and Monica have the gift of hospitality and I am so happy we found their place.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I had a great time at Wicky-Up. Jack and Monica were the perfect hosts - any questions or problems that came up, they were quick to help. I actually ran into their place by chance - they just happened to have a room for the days I needed (in the summer hot months - hard to find a place last minute - and all other days were booked) and I'm glad I did. Very peaceful and quiet (which is what I was looking for). The house is old fashioned and has a lot of history; it is in great condition (although probably not the best place for young kids unless you want to say - don't touch a lot - lots of old photos and antiques). They gave excellant directions and knew their area very well - so getting around and finding places was much easier and more comfortable (I traveled alone with only a state map). Overall, my experience was great, but like I say - not the best spot for the little ones. Can't wait for my next trip there.
Thanks!

Room Tip: There are only a few rooms there - all seem comfortable. For best choice to meet your needs call an...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

My Husband and I were recommended the Wicky-up by a close friend but had never been to a B&B and were unsure what to expect. We ended up having a fabulous time. Delicious Breakfasts and attention given to everything. Monica and Jack were very welcoming and friendly. Monica helped us plan our days and gave us all the details we would need to have the kind of day we wanted to going to the Sequoia Park and then Horsebackriding. We enjoy getting to know other people so we enjoyed having Monica there at breakfast as there were no other guests while we were there during the week. We do plan to go back in the future and will for sure recommend it to others looking for a place to getaway.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Wicky-Up Ranch Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!