“How to be at home” 5 of 5 stars

311 E Evans Rd, Wofford Heights, CA 93285   |
Venezia, Italia
“How to be at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed one night at this Motel. An oasis of tranquility. Room spacious, clean and equipped with a small kitchen. The Wifi works fine. Hot coffee in the morning and is ideally situated for visiting the Sequoia National Forest. But I would recommend it especially for the hospitality of the new owners that make you feel at home. Thanks for the great hospitality J & J. Albert and Emilia from Italy

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Rosamond, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I highly recommend the Mount N Lake Motel in Wofford Heights CA. Wofford heights is a quiet little town on Isabella Lake, near Sequoia National Forest. The motel has been recently purchased by a young couple. It is an older motel, and not fancy, but we found it to be immaculately clean and neat. Even my wife was impressed, and she is something of a fanatic on cleanliness. I have travelled quite a bit on business, and the bed was as comfortable as any I’ve had in a major chain hotel. But the primary reason for my recommendation is the attitude of the owners. We stayed there recently for the first time, and arrived after 10 PM. The only nearby restaurant had just closed, and (since we had driven in through the Sequoia National Forest) we had not passed any places to eat on our way in. The owners were very understanding, and offered to make us a couple of sandwiches. Half an hour later, they brought it to our door. When I offered to pay them for it, they refused. Having already proven the sincerity of their words by their actions, they said “When you stay with us, you are family. This we do for family.” The next morning, they had coffee and doughnuts in the office. We spoke with the husband and he told us that they had bought the motel about a year earlier, and that their whole family, including their kids, had helped them clean and repaint every room. They are a Christian couple, living their faith and the American dream. They should be encouraged in both.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

This place is wonderful.the bed is confortable and relaxing.the view is beatiful and the lake is just a minute away by walking. I will surely come next time.

• Stayed June 2011
carson cal.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

wow !! what a nice vacation that me and family had this time .we stayed in this motel and totaly different thant all those bad coments are. we spend two nights and one day .the personals were very nice and helpful,the rooms very clean the shower has hot water...i love hot water my kids too.! at daytime was very hot out there but not problems ..they had nice and cold air condition. i guess all those bad coments were because the owner before. i will highly recomend to all those people who had a bad expirence in this motel to go and give them a second chance .and you guys will be happy 100%.

Room Tip: may be they need to have swimming pool to have more fun because we coud not get wet in the lake or r...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I had a chance to stay in MOUNT N"LAKE MOTEL last year in April2011.It was relatively less expensive and so I opted for this. The Manager Lady was very nice at the time of check in.I paid cash and was given room # 3.After going in to the room,I found that it was a wrong choice.It was no btter than a rat hole.I complained to the lady and requested for the refund.To my surprise,the behaviour of the lady was completely changed as if she was not the same person.Very rude and unprofessional.
In the month of February 2012,i Had another chance to visit the area.Unfortunately or fortunately it was little late in the nighnt.At the Gas station,I was told that all the Motels in that area close at 10.PM.It was 11PM. I asked the Gas station attendant if i had any option.Th my great surprise I was told that the only on Motel open 24 hours wasMOUNT N" LAKE MOTEL.When I shared my bad experience last year with the Gas station attendant,I was told that this motel has new owners.Having no other choice,I decided to get it another try.After reaching there was greeted very nicely and professionally by the Lady who was different than the last time.Out of curiosity I requested for room #3 (which I had last time)This time the room was very nice clean every thing in place like soap,towels etc.There were coffee and donuts in the office.I was very happy. WHAT A DIFFERENCE A FEW MONTHS MAKE.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

Waiting till the last minute to book a room, I was real glad to be told of Mount-N-Lake Motel
by another motel owner. The Manager was very pleasant and held a room for me at the
last minute of Whiskey Flats Days. I had stayed here before and when I drove in I didn't
think I had the right property. Starting with the freshly paved driveway and the entire new
look of the place I rechecked my directions. As soon as I arrived I was treated like a visiting
Uncle. The room was very comfortable and completely clean. It had a cozy little kitchen and
I especially enjoyed the bed (better than the Sands in Reno). There was no phone but is that
a bad thing? I really liked the peace and quite. To not be connected totally I found very, very
peaceful. There is a nice park across the street and every room has a great view of the lake.
And did I mention the fresh donuts and coffee in the morning. Please give these guys a try.

Room Tip: They all are like a post card memory.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Desert Hot Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Here I am in Lake Isabella on a work assignment. A total of 3 weeks to complete my stay. I was fortunate to find a motel available the day I came into town and that would accommodate me for the entire 3 weeks. Thank goodness I came after Whiskey Flats and before the Fishing Derby.

During my stay at the Mount N Lake Motel, a family owned business, I experienced such warm and gracious service. The family is so thoughtful they even invited me to join them for dinner on Saturday night! The Chicken Curry was the best I’ve ever tasted! I have been very comfortable with my stay here and found the motel to be clean, well stocked with necessities and wifi accessible.

When returning from work one day I came back to my room to find that they built a shelf in the bathroom to make sure I was able to comfortably placed curlers, curling iron and hair products.

I loved my stay here and have already made my arrangements for next year.

Respectfully,

Beth Bedell

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Mount-N-Lake Motel? Share your experiences!