My husband and I have definitely found a great place to go for our weekend getaways to the Wine Country. We have stayed at Windrose Cottages a couple times now and have never been dissapointed. We love it there because it is centrally located to many of our favorite wineries in Dry Creek and the Russian River Valley, but it is also a quiet and peaceful place to return to after a busy day of sight seeing. You definitely can't beat the price for what you get. If you want to stay somewhere that is not a cookie cutter hotel room or an overpriced B&B, Windrose is your place. We love that our cottage is stocked with everything we needed for a light breakfast in the morning, and the owners are very knowledgeable about the area. They even give you a small bottle of wine to start off your stay!!! Not to mention some coupons for some free tastings. We will definitely be returning to Windrose for our next trip to Wine Country and will stay in the Italian Cottage because that is my favorite one and it has a hot tub!!!
- Also Known As:
- Windrose Romantic Cottages Hotel
- Windrose Romantic Cottages Hotel Windsor
- Windrose Romantic Cottages Windsor, CA - Sonoma County
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shake off the stress and get ready for a dream weekend or a day or 2 in Sonoma County's wine country. Windrose Romantic Cottages are located on a beautiful country property in Windsor - bordering Healdsburg. Complete with adjacent pastures. Windrose Cottages enjoys views of the mountains, the rose garden in season, perennials and, of course, a grape arbor.Come relax, rejuvenate, in your own personal cottage. Bring or buy a special bottle of wine to drink on your porch or sitting in front of you log stove. BBq stay in and enjoy, or go out an experience all the wonderful restaurants in the area.Come hike, bike, canoe, or just relax. ... more less