“Wonderful Surprise!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Anderson, California
“Wonderful Surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

My son loves Sushi and will try any sushi restaurant he can find. While visiting family, we stopped for Sushi at Ume Restaurant at his recommendation. The service and the selection were excellent! The waitress recommended a sake based on our wine preference and she was right on the mark! Excellent. The food came out fast, fresh and well presented. It was delicious and fairly priced for the quality. The only thing that bothered us was the close vicinity of the tables. This would be a perfect restaurant for a date if the tables weren't so close. We will most definitely be back!

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hobe Sound, Florida
“Diamond in the rough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

On a recent wine country trip my wife and I were directed to Ume by our wine hostess from Verite, Kimberly. The restaurant was fairly busy, just about noon on a Friday, with the main seating area full at the time of our arrival so we were seated in the lounge area, fine with us but a little less nice, due to our vantage point into the kitchen and prep area, and a bit warmer, seemed like the ac was not working as well in this room, but I digress. I got the sushi and sashimi lunch, I had Tuna belly, butterfish, and salmon as the Sashimi and Tuna, Salmon, and mackerel as the sushi very distinct flavors and very clean. My lunch also included a salad and miso soup. My wife got a soft shell crab spider roll, very flavorful, cripsy and had great contrast of textures. We shared some edamame and wakame as a starter. We paired all our dishes with a rose. Great spot and very attentive service.

Visited May 2012
Healdsburg, California
“Ume want to return again (and again)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I finally succumbed to our hankering for top-notch sushi after a (too) long hiatus. I can't remember the last time we ate at Ume, but it is numbered in years, rather than months.

Great selection of sushi rolls, nigiri, sashimi, and a variety of plated options. (http://umebistro.com/menu/)

Food service, while somewhat slow (particularly since they weren't busy at the time), was gracious and pleasant. On the plus side, the water glass never went empty. I'm guessin' that the two sushi chefs were the source of the "casual pace".

Sushi was worth the wait, however. Top-quality fish, beautiful presentation.

We will be back again -- and won't wait so long, as Ume reminded us of how good sushi can be!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, California
“Glad I gave Ume another chance!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

When Ume first opened, I wasn't impressed. I'm happy to report that I'm now a fan because I always wanted this restaurant to succeed. The food was good, especially the sushi. But, the service was excellent! And, I think in my first review, Ume charged for green tea and extra bowls of rice. It appears that is no longer the case.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Windsor, California
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Ume has fantastic food and the place is adorable. My favorite is the garlic shrimp. Be sure towalk around town of Windsor after dinner.

Visited April 2012