“Great hotel for the price” 4 of 5 stars

Super 8 Willits
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1119 South Main Street, Willits, CA 95490   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Willits
redirtgurl
“Great hotel for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

I agree with the other review that this is not your typical Super 8. The property seems recently updated and the rooms are very nice, especially considering that we paid less than $70 for a king room (the AAA rate on a week night). I am reluctant to stay at Super 8's normally because I've stayed in a couple of bad ones, but we were only going to be there to sleep and didn't really need anything fancy, but didn't want to stay in some of the really cheap hotels in Willits either. We were pleasantly surprised by the hotel, which does have a nice courtyard area, and decent sized rooms and comfortable beds. We would definitely stay there again. I should say we didn't even go looking for the breakfast -- wanted to try the breakfast at Ardella's in town, which was GREAT.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Nevada City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008

I've never been crazy about these kind of hotels and this place fortified my opinion. My complaints:

1. The shower has to be the worst shower I have ever had - my friends, who were in another room, and I agreed that maybe they were putting out 1 gallon an hour at best....a horrible dribble.

2. We were given one thin bar of soap for the shower and bathroom.

3. The towels are pathetic

4. The walls are thin and we had to listen to graphic details of a poor fellow who came in at 2 a.m. and must have passed out after a long day at the bars.

5. We had a 2nd story room on the total opposite side of the parking lot so it was a long way to hual our luggage through the rain.

6. Breakfast? It wasn't even worth the effort to dish out what little they offered. And the coffee is pathetic as well.

7. We paid $86 for all of this which I consider no bargain for what it is. I won't go there again.

• Liked — not much
  • Disliked — read my review
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2007

We unexpectedly stayed in Willits on our return trip from Oregon. It was a holiday weekend and pickins were slim. We relunctantly reserved a room at the Super 8 because it was one of the few places with 2 rooms.

CHECK-IN: I have to admit, I was a little concerned because when I called on the phone, the clerk (who I believe was one of the owners) treated me like I wasn't going to show up, even though I gave her a credit card to hold my room, with a cancellation fee imposed. However, upon arrival, the same woman was very friendly.

ROOMS: We were given a room with 2 king beds at a rate of $99. We couldn't believe how large the room was. (My parents had a king bed for $89 that was perfect.) It was impeccably clean, with a brand new t.v. The bathroom was a little small, but it didn't matter because the sink and area to put on make-up was located outside the bathroom. They had some pretty nice soap and shampoo for a low-budget motel. The bed was fine...not too hard, but not the most comfortable either. I saw other rooms, including my parents, and they all appeared roomy and well-kept.

FACILITIES: WOW! A budget motel where one could spend the day enjoying the gardent area? Yep. They had a fountain and chairs and a nice lawn area that looks better than my back yard. The pool area was small, but clean. My dad asked if we could stay one more day just to enjoy the gardens.

COMP BREAKFAST: CSAA listed it as an expanded continental breakfast. That was a slight exaggeration. They had a couple of cereals, toast, pasteries and bananas. It was okay. The milk had been left out and was warmer than luke warm. The bananas were green. The machine-dispensed orange juice tasted more like water with a dash of orange.

Based on my knowledge of Super 8 motels, I have to admit that this one is a gem. In fact, I liked it better than some of the Hiltons and higher priced hotels I've stayed in.

• Liked — Cleanliness, size of room, overall facilities
  • Disliked — Not the best continental breakfast, but this isn't really an issue
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2007

For a budget chain hotel the rooms were nice and had a few unexpected amenities like a refrigerator, extra pillows, pool with hot tub. The curved shower bar gave you extra room in the shower. The courtyard area with fountain was reasonably attractive. The complimentary breakfast was really minimal so assume you’ll need to go out for breakfast.

Stayed August 2007
Oakland, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2006

I am part of a group that routinely stays in Willits for one or two nights when in the area. For the last couple of years we've been staying at the Super 8 - I did the arrangements for our most recent visit. They have large rooms with coffee makers and microwaves. They offer a basic breakfast, including coffee, tea, juice, bread and a toaster, and milk and cold cereal. They also are happy to let us use the breakfast room for our group pot-luck dinner. And lastly, they are really nice people. They know us and happily offer us a group rate and are always welcoming and accomodating.

• Liked — clean large rooms with amenities at a budget price
  • Disliked — I guess I'd like a larger bathtub...
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Carmel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2006

This motel in my opinion deserves 5 stars for lodging in a budget category. It is an excellent motel with many conveniences, including microwave, iron, hair dryer, fridge, coffee pot. The beds were comfortable and included extra pillows. Our bathroom was well stocked with extra towels, and although they are not big we were well satisfied. Also, every surface gleamed with cleanliness and nothing was shabby or worn. The pool area was attractive and the outside area was well kept with plenty of flowering plants. We stayed at 2, 3, and 4 star lodgings on this last trip and I really must give this motel plenty of credit for what you get for your money. We paid $79.00 for two queen beds and were very comfortable for our entire several day stay. Some people are not happy with budget lodging but a stay here is hardly roughing it and I have paid $20 more a night for motels that gave a lot less.

• Stayed May 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2005

I pulled into this hotel because I figured on an inexpensive room for a hurried trip. I realize this is a budget hotel, however, I had barely any toilet paper, thin walls, towels that were too thin and a continental breakfast that felt monitered! Too budget for me and later I found out I could have stayed at another place that looked nicer, quieter and more inviting for about the same price!

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Willits? Share your experiences!