“Brilliant place to have a vocation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Willits KOA

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Willits
Willits KOA
You added Willits KOA to your Saves list
1600 Highway 20, Willits, CA 95490   |
“Brilliant place to have a vocation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have just came home after spending my holiday vocation in Willits KOA . I would just love to thank all the kind and helpful staff I met during my stay. The cabin was clean and comfy. The kids entertainment show was great and well run and covered all ages with dancing and karaoke. The ice cream happy hour was great and value for money the kids just loved it. The petting zoo was great and well looked after. Our family experience in Willits KOA Will be one that we won't forget and look forward to visiting again in the near future. The site has the most breath taking views all around, there is a lovely lake with a fountain that was a pleasure to walk round . I would recommend the site in a minute .

• Stayed August 2013

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I have read all reviews before this one and must agreee that it's a great place for families and for groups and don't get me wrong I will stay here again, but their is always this unterlying frustration when I go. For three years our scout troop has been visiting this KOA for our annual family campout and end of year awards ceremony. Each year it ends up being a wonderful experience where scouts are able to work on additional awards, scouts bond with other scouts and our scout families get to know one another a little better. We have a great time, but.....the process to get there is absolutely unbelievably frustrating. Some of our families rent the cabins, some the RV spots, but our troop usually rents anywhere from 6-9 campsites. We have been told that we can't have more than 6 people on a campsite, but then also told we can't have more than two tents on a campsite? Why? Well, rules are rules, they make no sense since we are paying for each scout and person individually and for the campsite. We don't go over our allotted headcount for the total campsites we have. They are overcome with what people can't do and don't seem to focus on the fact that their are 40+ people attending this event and possibly visiting the KOA for the first time. First impressions don't seem to matter here and when a large group such as the scouts (the CEO was an Eagle Scout and loves the scouting program, but this KOA sometimes forgets their scout program) stay for one to two nights and is quickly rushed out on Sunday morning when the campground is empty it just doesn't seem to make sense. Why wouldn't you allow people to stay over a little while longer (group or not) and enjoy your facilities (they have great facilities, hiking, fishing, frisbee golf, mini golf, volleyball, splash park, pool, hot tub, petting zoo, playground)? These were the same people from the day before who were buying ice cream, drinks and pool toys in your store and would probably do so again if you allowed a later check out. For adult leaders who are busy planning the weekend for the scouts it's very frustrating because we never get the opportunity to utilize the amenities because we are busy telling all of the families what great options there are and doing scout activities. New rules this year were that the kids had to be 18 to be on the playground unsupervised???? Really??? My campsite is right next to the playground, why can't my kids play there without me standing in the playground watching them? Again, rules that make no sense. No matter what I think this KOA is probably one of the nicest I've stayed in when it comes to amenities, but definitely not the friendliest and most definitely not the most accommodating. I would definitely stay here again, but I am so glad I don't have to organize a group event with them again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Nevada City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stopped at this KOA by chance with my grandkids as we normally take them touring in our RV during summer vacation. We stay at several KOA's during our annual trip and this one has topped them all. Our one night stop over turned into a three day weekend due to the vast amount of activities available for the kids including live entertainment, spray park, swimming pool, gun shows, mini golf, jungle gyms and even a petting zoo for the animal lovers! This was just some of the activities that were available. This park does have rules which the staff try to ensure that everyone follows, this is understandable as the park is so busy. We will definitely be visiting the Willits KOA next year and i would definitely recommend it to anyone with kids. This a family camp! (I also could not believe how quiet it was at night, the camp was silent by 10.30- 10.45 every night. Excellent for adults wanting a good nights sleep!)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over christmas after being detoured by snow storms on the I 5. Nice quiet park with clean facilities and friendly staff. Petting zoo for kids and lots af area to walk dogs. Sites are clean and large with good hook ups. Will visit again in the summer to take time to look around the area.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
La Palma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Our kids (6 and 8 years old) had so much fun the first time, we had to come back. Lots of things for the kids to do - a play area, water park, pool, mini golf, hiking. Movies on weekends. Well maintained.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We just returned from spending 4 days (in an RV) at the Willits KOA and we are talking about making this a yearly tradition. If you have kids, there is so much to do without leaving the resort:

-Petting Zoo
-Large play structure – similar to what you will find at Jungle Island (for those from the Bay Area)
-Large pool, wading pool (1ft deep) and spa
-Water play area
-18 hole miniature golf course
-Disc (Frisbee) course
-Fishing pond
-Basketball court
-2 play structures.
-Arcade
-Game room w/ pool table
-Bike rentals
-Train Depot stop for the Skunk Train on KOA property
-Movies ‘on the green’ at 9pm most nights
-Sunday pancake breakfast
-Ice cream social most nights at 7pm
-Kids events (hula hoop & limbo contest) most nights
-Karaoke most nights

We arrived on a Saturday and the park was packed. Lots of energy & tons of kids. Every space was taken at the pool. The park started emptying out on Sunday and then by mid-week it was maybe half full. Even with the park being at capacity on Saturday, the quiet hours were respected. This was the case for the rest of our stay.

There are a lot of staff patrolling the park, cleaning up and conducting maintenance and just checking in to see if all was well. Every staff member we encountered were very friendly and helpful. The bathrooms and showers are unlocked and open during the day, but locked at night. When you check in, you are given a code to use. The showers and bathrooms are very clean.

If you don’t have an RV, no worries. There are also Kamping Kabins and tent sites. All of the sites come with a picnic bench, fire pit and small BBQ.

Our kids were very sad to be leaving and only perked up when we said that we would be returning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

This KOA was incredibly fun for my family. Feed the animals in a clean area. Water splash park. Big play structure that is children only. A hike up to a fishing pond that was very quiet and we spent lots of time there. Large pool wkiddy pool. Hot tub. I noticed some of the RV sites had hot tubs. We stay at KOA because they are easier than motels with small children.

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Willits KOA? Share your experiences!