“Not what I've come to expect from Quality Inn” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Williams
Seattle, Washington
“Not what I've come to expect from Quality Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

Nothing really stood out as being bad. It was adequate. But relative to other Quality Inns, I expected a better room for the money. Particularly for it's location. I've paid way less, for way better. I would suggest stopping at the Comfort Inn in Woodland about 20 miles south.

• Stayed January 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

We have lived here a couple weeks while we were buying a house. After we were here a while, I decided to check out its reviews and was prompted to write one myself.

First, it is no longer called the Comfort Inn. It changed its name to the Quality Inn. I believe this may be due to the fact that it came under new ownership about 2 years ago. I think the current owners do a good job. I noticed a lot of reviews about outdated rooms. Yes, the bathrooms are done in pink tile, but personally I think it looks good. The comforter is a neutral striped gold. Overall, I would say it's not sparkling shiny and new, but I wouldn't really go so far as to call it "outdated." I was very happy with our room.

The positive points are the cleanliness, the complimentary breakfast and newspaper, the customer service, and the spaciousness and the amenities of the rooms. The breakfast is really good, better than most continental breakfasts. They have boiled eggs, waffles, sausage, bagels, danishes, and more. Our room had a microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot, iron, and hairdryer. They also have a very clean pool and hot tub. And the mattress was much more comfortable than what we usually find at the cheapest places. Also, they have free wifi in the lobby, and they will give you a cord for free to get internet in your room. Most places in Williams charge for internet.

The location has good and bad points. It's very close to I-5 and the entire town of Williams doesn't really have a "bad" neighborhood. It is walking distance to most of town including restaurants, bars, etc. However, it is way too close to the freeway. Our room was on the freeway side, and the noise was very noticeable. However, we stayed here for a long time, and it only bothered us when we were outside the room trying to talk on our cell phones (the reception wasn't good inside for Sprint). It is nearly impossible to hear anything outside the room because the freeway is so loud. Inside the room you can still hear it, but it's not nearly as loud. At first I thought it would keep us up at night, but with the AC on you can't really notice it. But I definitely suggest getting a room on the opposite side of the hotel, not on the freeway side.

Overall, I would definitely recommend staying here on your way up or down I-5. I think it is a good value. There is a Motel 6 literally next door that is often a little cheaper, and I usually do stay in Motel 6 due to cost when I only have to stay one night, but since we were living here for a few weeks, we decided to go with something a little more decent, and we are glad we did.

By the way, go to Louis Cairo's for drinks and food (if you can spend $20/plate). Only go to Granzella's for food if you can't afford Louis Cairo's. But if you like to drink, Louis Cairo's is better and stays open later. Granzella's bar will ignore you if you come in after 9pm. But both have good food.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Graham, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

Travel home on I-5 north we needed a hotel for the night. We used one of those free travel coupon booklets. We went to the Comfort Inn it look alright. It was a very used old motel. The rooms were clean. It is a very much in need of a updating pink tile on counter and in bath tub. The heater didn't work. We asked for a new room. Went to new room light over sink didn't work. Stayed in the old room. Beds were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was waffles, pastries cereal, orange, coffee and tea. Everyone at the motel was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Williams hotels

Surrey, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

Stopped here for one night on a roadtrip down I-5. Clean and comfortable. Reasonably priced. Nice continental breakfast. No complaints.

• Liked — clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
Greensboro, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2008

Older Motel. Rooms Clean. Needs some renovations. Breakfast area too small.

• Stayed May 2008
Morro Bay, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2006

I am writing this from my room at the Comfort Inn in Williams. The upside is the free high speed connection, the down side is the peeling wallpaper and overall poor condition of the rooms (especially for the cost). It also has a terrible location. I made a reservation based on someone else's recommendation and without checking TripAdvisor (big mistake). When I arrived in Williams and drove by the hotel I tried to switch to Granzella's but they were sold out. I would suggest staying at Granzella's or keep on driving.

• Liked — Internet access
  • Disliked — General condition of hotel
  • Tips/Secrets — Always check TripAdvisor
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Vancouver, BC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2006

Found the Comfort Inn on the internet and was wildly disappointed. Hotel is very much in need of a refresh. Our room had blankets with large holes, hair dryer whose holder was broken (i.e. dangled on counter), tub with major enamel chips, sink with crossed hot/cold, no drain cover on sink, holes in carpet, poorly functioning door lock. Add to that the most ridiculously small hotel pool I've ever seen, horrid location at the end of town, and sheets/blankets so small they didn't cover both bodies in the double - don't stay there. The only redeeming feature was a great breakfast buffet. I'd recommend either the Motel 6 next door, or bypassing Williams altogether (nothing to see).

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — poor quality at far too high price
  • Tips/Secrets — avoid it
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Econo Lodge Williams? Share your experiences!