“Loved it!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Williams
Mira Loma, California
“Loved it!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Wonderful check in. Lovely lady helped me with my accomodations. Clean and beautiful room. Would have loved to stayed another night. Will go there again in a heartbeat!!!!

Great value for the money. Great food in the restaurant. They even gave me a 10% discount on my dinner and a free loaf of sourdaough bread. Loved it all!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2010

We stop here overnight on our trips back to Monterey Bay when returning from Grants Pass, Oregon.
A basic, nice and clean, quiet, enjoyable place to stay.
The rooms are spotless; with free wireless and a big TV.
We take a shower then head on across the parking lot to Grandzellas huge bar; with lots of impressive taxidermy of big and small game from around the world.
Tons of 49ER Football and San Francisco Giants and the Oakland Raiders autographed memorabilia, along with other historic sports stars pictures that have visited the place. Pretty cool!
This trip I had the Phillie Sandwich with garlic fries and my wife had the Grande Tostada. Delicious and a big plateful for dinner.
In the morning we had the basic bargain breakfast special ; two big pancakes, bacon and a egg for 5 bucks.
Quick service and tasty, served in a comfortable booth surrounded by lovely paintings and pictures.
We never leave without buying a jar of their tasty olives. I recommend the mixed garlic and jalapeno stuffed olives for about.6 bucks!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Derby
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

Reception friendly and efficient. Room large and comfortable, quiet for a good sleep. Handy for Pool, towels provided.
Didn't see much in Williams but thei was a convenient overnight stop. Diner a bit disappointing.
Colusa worth a short visit, about 9 miles east.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Live Oak, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

I read the other reviews before making our reservation and feel compelled to leave my own review. We were attending an event at the restaurant and wanted to be able to safely walk to where we were staying after. Given that we were just getting up and going in the morning, I figured it was worth the risk after reading the mixed reviews. I was pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere and we had a lovely, clean room. The desk staff was pleasant checking in and out, and while we had no special needs or issues, I must say that I was completely satisfied. I would be happy to stay there again and my husband feels the same. I said only very good because our stay was too brief for more.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

I am sitting in there new remodel hotel room, it's beautiful and they love pets too. They started remodeling the rooms about 6 weeks ago! Lovely, new upscale furnishings, flat screen TV, nice in room amenites by blue Ribbon supplier and in room Refrigrator. I had seen the negative reports and was disappointed but thought we would try one more time. Sure glad we did! Still get your coupons for the free sour dough bread and 10% off your dinner, lunch or breakfast, can't beat it! It will contiune too stay hear when traveling back and forth from our summer and winter places! Jeanne from WA & AZ

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Moraga,CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

This looked like one of the nicer motels in Williams. The room itself was nice; comfy bed, newly remodeled, tasteful decor. Two complaints, one, they were working early on Easter Sunday. Now I don't really care about the holiday being an atheist but early Sunday morning when people are trying to sleep, it would have been nice to have the workers start a little later and ask them to try to be a little quieter. Second, on Sunday evening, we noticed a strong sewer smell in the lobby and hallways. It seemed to not originate from our bathroom but the area that they were doing construction. Maybe the workers left a open line to the sewer? We dealt with it by placing a towel at the bottom of the door to block the odor. Suggestion, if you want to stay here, ask if they are finished with the remodeling.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Ashland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2010

I stayed at Granzella's on my way to and from Christmas celebration with friends who live near Yosemite National Park. Williams is about halfway and helps me avoid an 8 hour non stop drive. The hotel is far enough off the freeway to avoid the noise. The room, with one king size bed, was clean and had the added advantage of a sofa as an alternate place to hang out beside the bed. My litmus test for wireless internet was satisfied--the coverage was strong even though my room was the farthest from the front desk. One disadvatage was no elevator to the second floor, so I had to schlep my suitcase up the stairs. The free breakfast was spartan but adequate: coffee, orange juice, cereal, sweet rolls, bagels, english muffins. One added bonus to staying here were two coupons presented after check in: one for a free loaf of homemade sourdough bread from Granzella's deli and another for 10% off any purchase at the deli or restaurant. I enjoy being able to just walk across the parking lot to Granzella's restaurant for dinner after parking for the evening at the Inn. I am a beer buff, so I always cruise the large selection of eclectic beers from obscure micro breweries at Granzella's deli and ended up buying a couple bottles to take as gifts for Christmas. I see that previous reviewers had trouble with the front desk staff, but I experienced nothing troubling in that area.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo

Been to Granzella's Inn? Share your experiences!