“Stop here if you have the time!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Williams
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
BONANZA
“Stop here if you have the time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have eaten here several times in the restaurant and the deli to take with me.

The restaurant has a wonderful menu to select from and there is something for everyone. The decor of the restaurant is very pleasing and I have always been hard pressed to leave.

The deli has so much to select from, that at times, I cannot make up my mind. There are breads, meats, cheeses, drinks, and many more items. The sandwiches are very taste and all items are middle of the road in price.

The staff is very friendly and helpful.

I highly recommend stopping here if you have the time. It will be a delight to your senses and pocketbook!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Oregon
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Good breakfasts at reasonable price. Interesting memorabilia on the walls and nice deli, and alwthora of various olives.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eugene, Oregon
“Breakfast, finallly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We usually leave the Silicon Valley early to try and miss the Bay Area's Monday morning traffic rush (not always successfully). Leaving at 6:30, we used to stop at Bill & Kathy's at the juncture of the 505 and I-5...but, since its closing, we've had to push on to Williams and Granzella's. By the time we get there, their breakfast rush is over and our hunger is reaching a peak.
I must say we do enjoy the place...not only for the much needed coffee and vittles. We usually buy something to give to the neighbor who keeps an eye on our house while we're gone (this time it was a freshly baked Focaccia (should have gotten one for ourselves as well). In warmer seasons, we also get freshly made deli sandwiches to enjoy at one of the rest stops in the Shasta or Siskiyou Pass areas).
This time, however, my wife had the breakfast special (pancakes w/bacon $5.29) and I had the tri-tip skillet w/country fried potatoes ($9.75). I think those prices are very reasonable and the food was certainly fine. By the time we got there, there were only a few diners in the restaurant, so the service was quick and friendly. We've been there before at lunchtime when the place is mobbed.
Our Plan B in case we get caught in heavy rush hour jams is to find a place in Vacaville, since there's literally nothing in between Vacaville and Williams. So far, we've been fortunate and have found Granzella's to be a breakfast life saver.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tacoma, Washington
“Outstanding Pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Check out the deli section, the ice cream counter, all the variety of olives, and all the other fun things in the restaurant. Great stop for sure!

Visited December 2012
Palo Alto, California
“It's not Chainfood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

On a trip up I-5 in California, lunch time approached and we could not bear to think about eating at another chain or fast food restaurant. Fortunatly our GPS came to the rescue and listed Granzells'a at an upcomming exit. As we had never heard of it, the odds were in our favor that it was not chainfood. And, indeed it was not.

This establishment is a bit touristy in nature consisting of a sit down Itialian restaurant, a deli, a large bar/saloon and a local products store.

We ate at the restaurant, after a 20 minute wait (lunch time). The food was average for the price and the service was good. The entree I ordered (Italian Susage as I recall) was good, but different than I expected - which of course is one of the things that makes non chain establishments much more interesting. In this case though I think I would have preferred my dish prepared in a more typical manner. The others in our party ordered different things and had not complaints.

The deli looked quite interesting with a wide variety of things you could order in terms of just meats and cheeses or made to order sandwhiches and some other hot entree items. If we stop here again, I think we'll order at the deli counter instead to save some time since the food looked equally as good as the sit down.

The bar/saloon was pretty good size and well attended, seing as how it was a Sunday at around noon. In fact I was intrigued in the number of people in there given the size of the town and can only surmise, to my dismay, that many of them would soon be out on I-5 driving near me.

The local products shop looked touristy but fine. The main product of the area is olives and they had every concievable form of them for sale. they also had a wall area consisting of a dozen or more olive vesions for free tasting which is a nice touch.

So, all in all, a good choice on I5 north of Sacramento - espeically compared with the normal highway exit chain food fare.

• Visited November 2012