“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Long Beach, Washington
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Found this place on Trip Advisor. We would have stayed in one of the big chains along the freeway, but went out of our comfort zone and stayed here. It was just like the reviews said. The property was quite old, but nicely renovated. Rooms were cute and comfortable, and the price was right. Pool was not heated, and very "refreshing" on a hot day. The breakfast the next morning was just fine, nothing extravagant by any means, but good enough to get us on the road. The place was packed when we were there, so make a reservation if you can.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We decided to stay in Williams as it is about halfway between the coast and Lake Tahoe. It is a REALLY small town bisected by I-5. Three decent restaurants and 3 motels with the Traveler's Inn being a great buy. The owners have had it for 15 years and have made a great effort to maintain and upgrade it. The rooms my be a bit small but are quite fine for a night or two. They look after the little things like keeping the grass cut, the flowers watered, the swimming pool clean, etc. The continental breakfast isn't big but it will keep you going. Notice in the office that in the plastic drawer holding the plastic utensils, all the spoons are aligned so perfectly you'll hate to grab one for fear of messing things up. This has been rated by tripadvisor as one of the top 25 value motels in the nation several times, and it's easy to see why.

And if your car's radiator needs fixing, there's a radiator repair shop right next door. What more could you want?

Room Tip: The largest grocery store in town is a block and a half down the street (old US99).
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Cave Creek, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I came into town without a reservation. However, the staff at Travelers immediately set myself and my giant dog up in a room at a more than reasonable rate. I was walked to my room, and the air and refrigerator were turned on and checked for me. The room was small, but very very clean. The bed was nice and soft, and the whole area was quiet. Good places to walk my dog, including areas where it was OK to be without a leash, were pointed out without me having to ask. I was within walking distance of several places to eat, and a small market was a few short blocks away. I felt completely safe walking my dog both late at night and very early. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. It's a nice little town, and a great little hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed here on the first night of our vacation on the way up from San Diego. The room was clean and we had convenient parking eight in front. This is family owned with the owners on site. I dealt with the son and was very accomodating. He walked us over to the room and took care of our needs. We didnt use the pool so I dont have comments on that. All in all, a great value.

• Stayed July 2012
Wrentham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We needed a place to stay traveling from Napa Valley to Lake Tahoe. It is conveniently located 5 minutes off the highway. We arrived late. Mr. Patel was waiting for us. Although the room was small, it was very clean and up to date. The whole motel was well kept and our room certainly had new tile, fixtures and was freshly done. There was breakfast of cereal, danish, fruit, juice and hot beverages. My husband & I ate by the pool, which was also clean and inviting. Mr. Patel was absolutely adamant about his no smoking policy and we were appreciative for that. He provides excellent customer service and I would stay there again in a minute.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Mount Shasta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Booked a room online after reading TA reviews. Friendly courteous staff greeted us and led us to our room. Rooms are nicely decorated and very clean. They are quite small, but we found we had plenty of space. AC worked well. We had pool to ourselves - very quiet and relaxing. Walked to Granzelas for dinner, then to a nearby local market for snacks and beer. Our room was located along a side street that had moderate traffic, but it was very quiet during the night. We will definitely stay here again. You can't beat the value!

• Stayed June 2012
Phoenix, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

To my amazement this is the place. It has quick access, affordable, modern, and very very clean, quiet and cont. breakfast available, plus free WiFi & TV. I will use this as my stop-over place from now on. Patty from Oregon

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Traveler's Inn? Share your experiences!