“A nice surprise at a modest price!” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   215 Seventh Street, Williams, CA 95987   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Williams
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cotati, California
“A nice surprise at a modest price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

I needed an overnight stop on a long I-5 trip, and I found this one on tripadvisor. Tucked in a quiet residential area away from I-5 and several blocks off Williams' main street, this little motel was super-clean inside and out. The host was welcoming and walked me out to my room to show it to me and to turn on the A/C for me. Don't know if all the rooms were this nice, but recently remodeled - custom tiled bath, super-comfy bed with nice linens, nice TV, free wireless. Fridge and microwave in room but no coffee maker - VERY basic continental breakfast in office at 6 am. Small nice outdoor pool. Super quiet. Senior rate was only $35!

Room Tip: For total quiet, get room away from street. Although it's quiet at night, there's some traff...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Alpharetta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

We stayed here on the way to and from Marble Mountain Ranch (via San Francisco). Low price but clean and comfortable. Limited continental breakfast but it was fine for my family. Thanks to the previous reviewers for highlighting this gem!

Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Stayed here on a hot night after driving Interstate 5 from Shasta to the Bay Area. The guy who checked us in was friendly and helpful. When I signed the affidavit that I would not smoke in the non-smoking room, he said, did you read it...there is a $200 fee to clean if you smoke, if you smoke anything, in the room. I thought he was nice yet forceful. You could tell he was proud of his establishment. Room was clean, cool and comfortable.

Central Coast, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We wanted to find a place to stay along I-5 on our way to Oregon to visit family and chose the Traveler's Inn based on the value and TripAdvisor reviews. It is a great little place! It isn't much to look at from the outside, but our room was terrific! It was nicely appointed and had a fridge and a microwave. And it was CLEAN. It appears to be owned by a family. The son checked us in, and his mother took us to our room and showed us where to park. They were very courteous, helpful and seem quite proud of their property. They should be! We go to Oregon at least once a year to visit family, and the Traveler's Inn is going to be our regular stopover from now on.

Sequim, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

After a long day of driving we ended up in Williams with limited lodging choices. We chose Traveler's Inn and were very pleasantly surprised. The young man at the desk was a pro at hospitality. We stayed in a king bed room that was recently re-done...very fresh & clean, quiet & comfortable...and all for $55, including taxes. Great value!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I found The Travelers Inn on tripadvisor and decided to give it a try because the ratings were excellent. Am I glad I did! it's true that the outside is nothing to look at, but don't be fooled. I asked the host for a quiet room and he obliged. Plus I was right across from the office and felt very taken care of. The room was tastefully re-furnished and clean with a flat screen TV, free wifi, a refrigerator and microwave AND it was a total of $40.80...wow. The pool, funky as it looked, was sparkling clean and refreshing in the heat. I found a gem going down I5.

Room Tip: Rely on the host to pick you a good room.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I usually travel from northwest California to the Central Valley once a year and break my journey in Williams. Since it had been two years this time, I decided to check Trip Advisor to see how my usual stopping place was rated. Surprisingly, I found Traveler's Inn was the highest rated facility in Williams. After reading the reviews, I decided to give it a try.
It's all true! The Patel family provide a comfortable, exceptionally clean, nicely decorated and quiet accommodation for a remarkably low price. Continental breakfast is included but I didn't get up in time for that! It's hard to imagine what more you need for a night's stop when you're on the road. I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Traveler's Inn? Share your experiences!