“Lousy Customer Service” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel Whittier

You added Radisson Hotel Whittier to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel Whittier
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7320 Greenleaf Ave., Whittier, CA 90602 (Formerly Hilton Whittier)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
A Getaway for 2
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Whittier
Champaign, Illinois
“Lousy Customer Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Before I tell my story. I want to say that the location of this hotel is really bad. I found this place by narrowing my result to Los Angeles but it turned out to be very far and inconvenient. I wish I didn't choose this hotel.

Here's my story.

I accidentally left a gift from my brother at the hotel after checkout. It was an Oral-B electronic toothbrush. I called the hotel within a few hours but they refuse to check the room. They told me to call them back tomorrow. I called them four times in a row in the next few days. They didn't even ask me which room I stayed. They're very unwilling to help.

- The second reply I received was "Nobody has turned it in. Call in the morning around 10am when our housekeeping people are here."
- The third time I was transferred to a voice mailbox of the lost and found office. I left a message but nobody called me back.
- The fourth time I spoke to a housekeeping person. That was too late and she told me nobody has seen it.

I also emailed the customer service of Radisson. A representative told me he will forward the message to the hotel and someone will respond to me in a timely manner. But after a week I heard nothing from anybody. I do not think I can get my stuff but I do think their customer service is terrible. I had a similar incident at another hotel. They called right back and mailed my stuff to me in a week. The comparison just made me so upset.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
CarlsonRezidor, Specialist, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Whittier, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best “Yes I Can!” service. Let us know if you have still not received a response to your Customer Service email.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The hotel is pretty dated and the service was just fair. The location was perfect for uptown Whittier though. The rooms were clean and quiet and there is a great Mexican restaurant across the street..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stayed here while visiting my family, and the price performance of the hotel is quite fair. The bed is clean and comfortable, location is very good, and service is fine. There is no safe box or mini bar in the rooms, but we can live without them.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Nice place to stay. I love the walkable downtown with great food and a nice little theater. Room was comfy. Onsite restaurant fairly good.

I will say there were a few issues. The door had trouble with my key card. The bathroom had an issue with ants running around. And I would have liked a fridge.

Not their fault but there was a very loud party there one night that ran in the room above me from 12am to 4am. Not good when you need to get up early for travel.

Overall a decent place with great location and good staff.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I booked a room for my brother and me for 2 nights and requested a double, we got a king with a saggy roll away bed for the 1st night(they said all the doubles were filled) and when I spoke with the front desk in the AM, explaining that we needed a double because I was traveling with my brother and that the roll away bed was saggy and uncomfortable, the staff at the front desk was very apologetic, friendly and did their best to find us another room with double beds which really made our stay much better, as we were in Whittier for a family event the local of the hotel was perfect. I will stay here again when I visit.

Room Tip: request rooms away from the bar/disco below for more quite-thought if you like salsa its the place t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

It happened a while ago as I wasn't aware of tripadvisor back then. We left a camera in the hotel room in the morning and it was gone when we came back to the hotel at night. Might not be the hotel's problem but just that helper. Just be careful when you stay at this hotel.
The rooms are clean and comfy overall.

• Stayed July 2013
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Whittier, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from the staff. We want to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive the best “Yes I Can!” service, and we are disappointed to hear you weren't satisfied with the level of service provided by our staff member. We want to assure you that we take the steps necessary to keep the belongings of our guests secure. To discuss your concern further, please contact Corporate Customer Care at your earliest convenience.
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stayed for a family event. The location was convenient. It was close to our family but also close to lots of restaurants and shops. the rooms and public spaces were clean. we ate at the restaurant for breakfast and it was good. The walls are thin and you can hear activity going on in the hallways. overall a good location and experience and I would stay again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Hotel Whittier? Share your experiences!