“a solid pizza choice” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
Whittier, California
“a solid pizza choice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Once the best pizza in whittier or surrounding area before ownership change a while back, still very good. Wings are below average unless they've changed

Montebello
“This Pizza Makes Me Happy.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

These guys are pretty serious about their pizza. I always call before I pick up, and not once, has my order been waiting. This might be an inconvenience, but actually, it is because they take their time, and insist on handing me a fresh, hot, pizza, with a delicate, tender crust. The crust has the right texture, and flavor. Chewy on the outside, with just the right amount of crunch, and fluffy, and soft on the inside. There's no carboard crust here. The sauce is just the right amount for me, and it has a heat to it that seems to start kicking in around halfway through the pizza. The cheese has a nice zing to it, and is not bland. Toppings, are quality, and just the right amount.
The decore is pretty basic, there's a couple of tv's, they could use more dining space, and the service is adequate. I don't know about anyone else, but this pizza feeds my soul, as well as my gut. ...Real food. Prices are reasonable as well.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
My house.
“Yummy <3”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

Well , for me it was okay because my mommy used to be the ,manger of this , I came here almost every single day. I ranked it a **** because I've tried it too many times and I kinda got sick of it.
I used to play behind the counter (: I helped make boxes and I invited a few friends over there for a birthday party and we made heart shaped pizzas. Heat shaped pizzas were only available for the Valentine Holiday. I loved the zitis and garlic cheese bread (:
They were pretty good. Well then my mom bought a shop in Rancho Cucamonga called Clara's Sandwich then now works at Alta Dena.
That was so 2003 :D..
Delicious <3

Tusting
“As a huge pizza lover I give a strong recommendation for Joe Peep's.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2008

I have tried it all. From the average tasting Papa John's to the awful tasting California Pizza Kitchen (if you want to actually classify that as pizza), even authentic New York pizza from the street's of New York, and I have never encountered a better tasting pizza. The Joe Peep's "Blue Collar" pepperoni pizza is the best tasting pizza you will ever eat. While it's location may not be prime, nor it's facilities appealing, the taste is undeniably the best. Do yourself a favor and have a pizza delivered from Joe Peep's.

Whittier
“If you want New York Pizza in Caifornia, Order Joe Peep's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2007

Joe Peep's offers a lot of standard Italian cuisine including pasta, garlic bread, and even sandwiches. But, if you're looking for the best New York style, Thin-crust pizza, do yourself a favor and order the "Blue Collar Special." Reasonably priced and perfectly seasoned I guarantee it'll have you coming back for more.