“Nightmare!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Knights Inn Westminster/Huntington Beach

You added Knights Inn Westminster/Huntington Beach to your Saves list
Knights Inn Westminster/Huntington Beach
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6601 Westminster Boulevard, Westminster, CA 92683 (Formerly Travelodge)   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Westminster
“Nightmare!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Place is filthy and literally falling apart. Pulled outdated bedspread back and it was full of stains I don't want to think where they came from. Carpet was disgusting, dirty and smelly. Extremely dirty bathroom and tile. No Kleenex. Refrigerator was dented and rusty sitting out in room on a broken down wood stand. Hallways were falling apart all chipped with holes at stairs. Continental breakfast was boxed cereal and toast crammed into a room space smaller than my coat closet. Stay anywhere else.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

The staff are very rude and swarms of bees prevent the use of their dirty, run down pool and broken patio furniture. Spiders are dropping down on you from the bathroom vents and the room smelled like a strong toxic chemical.Some weirdo watched me check in and called the room 10 min after I check in asking me on a date and if I need any "go fast". Seriously? And the front desk put the call thru. Not a safe place at all.

• Stayed May 2013
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had booked this reservation based on pictures we had seen on Hotwire. The hotel was not one of the most expensive but it wasn't' one of the cheapest either. I thought that it would be fine. I was way wrong! We got to California super exhausted from a long drive and had to wait until 3:00 pm to check-in. Upon checking in, we got our rooms. The room I got had carpet stains, mismatched furniture, a cracked counter top ... all things that in my mind I thought I could perhaps overlook. I went into the bathroom and there was a pubic hair stuck on the bathtub. That is where things went downhill. I went to a different room from a member of our party and their room stunk like cigarettes (although I had added in the comments that we would need a non-smoking room). The furniture and everything else was horrible as well. We called the front desk and the attendant said that she had no more rooms and would refund our money for both rooms. We got our things and left out of there as soon as we could. I am not a picky person and am very understandable but this hotel was unacceptable.

Please think twice about staying here, for a few more bucks you could stay somewhere better. Another thing to notice about this property is that it is overcrowded with big families trying to fit 6+ into one bedroom.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Port Hueneme, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were very pleased with the accommodations. Motel looks very good, well kept. The room was clean and nicely furnished. We had a non-smoking room on the ground floor as requested and were able to park right in front of our room even after returning from an evening at Huntington Beach--approx. 5 mi. away and easy to get to. The surrounding neighborhood was nice with access to a variety of stores, restaurants and fast-food nearby. This motel is budget priced and would be perfect for a budget-minded family wanting to visit the sights nearby in Anaheim, Buena Park, and Huntington Beach-aka "Surf City". It's right off the 405 and easy access to all major highways and arteries.

Room Tip: If you make your reservations online, thru a hotel/motel website, always use that "Instructions...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

first of all when i checked in i got a smoking room instead of a non smoking. the front desk clerk would not change it. she wwas very unhelpful our whole stay. we had to go without air in part of the room. they had no mantenance people to work on it. also the bed was very uncomfortable you could feel the springs coming through. u could also see burn marks throughout the hotel room

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

main light in room was burned out, wall switch to turn it on was broken, light burned out over sink. lowest wattage florescent bulbs they could find, was so dark, could not tell if it was clean or dirty. if you want wireless the main network is a pay one, the hotel wireless majority of the time if could not be found and I was above the office on the 3rd floor. gal working the desk when I checked out wanted to argue how great their wireless connection was. they will not admit to substandard service.
can not recommend to anyone based on my experience, Motel 6 would have been a better choice

Room Tip: don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Staff was nice and close to all things. My wife and I just needed a nice place to stay and this was it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Knights Inn Westminster/Huntington Beach? Share your experiences!