“Would not recommend” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 10 hotels in Westminster
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Would not recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My brother and I stayed at Motel 6 North Westminster for a couple of days before I came to this one... This motel was really bad comparing to the Motel 6 on Goldenwest. The bathroom was dirty, it looked like no one came to clean it. The sheets and comforter have cigarette burns on it when I choose a nonsmoking room. The room smelled really bad even though it was a nonsmoking room. I did not feel safe when I was here. In the middle of the night, the room on top of us was being very loud, blasting techno music, and stomping. I would not recommend this motel, even though it was cheap it was not worth it. I prefer staying at the motel 6 on Goldenwest instead.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012 via mobile

The manager Jorge and his staff are amazing ! Going through my experience at extended stay and then previously being kicked at 10 p.m. out of comfort suites hb for having a dog that never made a mess out made any noises, I had a hard time coming up with money due to losing my money that I had paid at the previous hotel. they gave me time after checkout time to collect my money and pay them. They cared and understood my situation and didn't treat me like trash. I am very intelligent and have been in sales for over 11 years, they were more professional and caring than any other place that I have ever been to. They may not have the thrills and extras but you can check in as early as 5 a.m. and have a caring staff. I will recommend this place to even my family! Thanks Jorge and staff!!

• Stayed February 2012
Concord, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Cheapest place around. No frills, of course, but no major negatives or problems. Nice cafe next door serves good food including fresh-squeezed orange juice. My wife and I found it quite adequate, although she said the mattress made her back ache a bit tn the mornings. We stayed here for 4 nights. It's $3 more per night if you want internet access, but even after adding that in, it's still cheaper than others. Can be a bit noisy, but not too bad - I just sleep in such places with earplugs in. Usually we stay at the Costa Mesa Motel 6 when visiting OC, but this one was a bit cheaper, so we tried it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

I stayed at this Motel 6 for one short night as it is right around the corner from a fiend's place. I was concerned that the area did not seem the greatest and the property seemed a little run-down. The room I was given was okay, but as is always the case with Motel 6, no frills. I had asked from a quiet room, since the motel is right next to the very busy 405 freeway. I think they gave me the quietest location possible, but, it was still fairly loud, but not too bad, considering the amount of traffic on the freeway.

The WiFi (currently $2.99 for 24 hours access) was fine. Overall, I was a bit concerned about staying here, and I am unsure if I would stay again. It is the cheapest rate around, but I wonder if more money in a nicer area might be worth it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Pueblo West, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights. When we checked we noticed that we did not have any towels to take a shower. We went back to the front desk, who stated that someone will be back to our room. After an hour we called the front desk again to be told the towels will arrive shortly. After 3 hours, went back to the front desk and asked to speak with a manager. I asked him if he knows that we have been waiting 3 hours for towels. I then asked him if this was acceptable to him. He said that the girl is on lunch. I then advised him that we arrived at 1:30 pm and it is now 4:30 pm and that the cleaning cart and the door next to ours is open. So she has been on a 3 hour lunch. Regardless, the hotel was clean, it is near a busy route( which is not the hotels fault) I do think that when you check in to a hotel you do get towels and not have to ask for them 3 times.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

We loved our stay at Motel 6, Westminster South. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

My sister-in-law lives around the corner from this hotel, so when we had the family reunion over the Fourth of July we initially stayed here. This was our second time staying at this property. I know Motel 6 is a no-frills place, but this place seemed worse this trip, 2 years later.

I was prepared to bring my own bath amenities, but I wasn't prepared for burn holes in our sheets, long stray black hairs in our sheets (from housekeeping?) or for the larger than normal gap underneath our door. I heard people coming and going all night long, so I stayed up, fully clothed on top of our bed instead of sleeping in it. We left the next night and stayed at the Best Western down the street and had a MUCH better stay. I'll never go back to the Motel 6 there. The Best Western was $10 more and offered breakfast.

Cleanliness and breakfast were worth $10 more to me.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Westminster South? Share your experiences!