“A welcome surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Westminster
Baltimore, Maryland
“A welcome surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I chose the property because of its location and amenities - free parking and internet, in particular - and can't say enough about the terrific service we received. The room was also really impressive - attractive furnishings and extremely clean. The microwave and mini-fridge are a great convenience. Fantastic channel line-up and the internet connection was immediate.

Above all though, we will always remember the kindness shown to us by the thoughtful lady who came to our rescue when we didn't understand the climate control system. She not only stopped by to help us turn on the heat (the weather was unseasonably cold) but followed-up and even brought extra blankets just in case. Our sincerest thanks to her for going above and beyond. If I'm in the area again, I look forward to staying at the motel. Thanks for the lovely experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

222 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Auburn, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Check-in went easily; we were early so the room was not ready but we had driven 7 hours and didn't want to be in the heavy freeway traffic. We were not offered a newspaper nor told the breakfast hours at check-in. The room was clean (except in corners of the bathroom) and was always "made" when we returned each evening. Because it is convenient to our daughter's home, we would probably stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Oceanside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

BW Westminster is excellent motel for the price with exceptional service and surprising amenities which included pool, spa, large BBQ for guest use, ping-pong table set up on the lawn, patio outside slider with chairs, well maintained grass and garden areas. The young woman at the front desk was the most helpful person I have ever encountered. I needed to print out my train ticket however the guest computer was giving me trouble so the young woman at the desk put her keyboard and mouse on the counter, held up the monitor while I went on my e-mail and printed out my ticket - who does this in today's couldn't care less environment. Room was quiet, very clean, updated, very comfortable bed that didn't irritate my back problems, breakfast included unadvertised fresh waffles prepared by the attendant. I would definitely recommend this motel especially for women traveling alone.

Room Tip: Room on the east wide away from Westminster Blvd. are very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Moscow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Extremely outdated hotel in need of massive overhaul as soon as poss. Some things & parts of interior look like they are 50 years old or falling apart. Very noisy, rooms on ground floor have paper thin walls and you hear noises from the avenue, other guests, deliveries. While overall is almost like other BWs but crappier. Service okay. Very uncomfortable pillows too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

BW Westminster is a very decent motel but sadly the reviews and website pictures make this place out to be much better than what it is. I chose it because of the reviews and now I wish I had stayed at the next door Best Western Regency Inn which was fabulous (we stayed there for 3 nights before, same price, closer to the beach!). We had no problems with BW, the service was pleasant enough, and we had a great stay at an affordable price. I especially enjoyed the bed and the cleaning staff was amazing. However, this place has a motel feel and could use a little love or new furniture. Especially the armchair and the bathroom need updating. On top of that, the breakfast options were very limited, there were only 3 tables to sit at (and therefore we had to carry our breafast to our room and eat in the bed everyday) and you had to eat by 9, not by 10 like in most of other places. To sum up - it is a very decent motel if this is what you are looking for. If you would like a more pleasent, hotel like stay, choose another Best Western.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
westminsterinn, Owner at BEST WESTERN Westminster Inn, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for giving us perfect ratings on Cleanliness and service.
actually we are the same distance to the beach, just different beach.
You are correct that it did get Crowded for breakfast during the time you stayed, sorry.
We had sports teams with upto Four people in some rooms. we have revised our Breakfast timing from 6 to 9:30 am and longer if needed.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by the holiday decorations and the extra effort the staff took to make me feel at home while I was on the road this holiday season. I had a basic room that was as clean as I expected. They provided a great warm waffle for me, and even cooked it for me. Overall, it was a small boutique hotel that lived up to the Best Western standard and that provided me great value.

Room Tip: The rooms on the bottom floor that are next to the courtyard have a patio for sitting.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
We keep the rooms clean and have checks to assure that. Our Christmas decorations became a big project and we enjoyed sharing it with all our Guests and Community.
Thanks you for sharing your review

Been to BEST WESTERN Westminster Inn? Share your experiences!