“Super Affordable Food” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #95 of 265 Restaurants in Westminster
San Diego, California
“Super Affordable Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

My friend recommended this place. I have to admit the restaurant name made me suspicious ($1.99 really?!). Supposedly everything on the menu use to cost $1.99 or less but prices have increased since then. When I saw the menu and the prices I knew I shouldn't have high expectations. I ordered their most popular dish which was the Cornish Game Hen. It comes with a decent sized chicken (leg/wing), rice, pickled veggies, and a sauce. Well, I was surprised! The chicken was quite tasty. Wasn't too dry and the skin was thin and crispy. The sauce was really good. I'm not sure how to describe it but it was like a sweet and savory onion bean sauce. It went well with the chicken. I was pretty hungry so I finished everything! The whole dish cost less than $5 so I really couldn't complain that much. I also ordered the Thai iced tea. It was alright, a little watered down. I wish it came in a larger size, it was a small cup. Service was a little below average. It helped that my friend spoke Vietnamese. I also wouldn't say this is the cleanest place. It was weird how many security cameras they had in the restaurant. They have a TV screen showing all the images on the security camera. Overall, I thought the food was decent especially for the portions and price. If you are on a tight budget and not super picky give this place a try.

• Visited September 2013