“Nice Greek food and friendliness” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Greek
Huntington Beach, California
“Nice Greek food and friendliness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We tried this for 1st time by ordering take out for dinner. Waited at bar and chatted with the friendly bartender while testing and tasting Greek wines. He was very nice. When we got home we ate the Lamb Chop dinner and Lamb Gyros. They were excellent. I would definitely go here again. Next time I would dine in. The other staff seemed very friendly and fun. Was told by the bartender that their 1st restaurant on Pine in Long Beach has been the #1 rated restaurant on Yelp for several years.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Demetri L, Owner at George's Greek Cafe, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to write us such a wonderful review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope you will come see us again soon!

Yiassou,
Demetri, Owner

California
“Enjoyable experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I went to George's with a friend who had accompanied me on a trip to Greece 20 years ago. The atmosphere of the restaurant was pleasing with touches of Greece here and there. Service was friendly and attentive. For dinner we shared an order of tzatziki with pita bread--more than enough for two people and it was very good. My friend ordered an entree salad with chicken. It looked good and he enjoyed it. I ordered a Greek salad that was large, but didn't remind me of the Greek salads I had in Greece. In Greece (and I've been there five times), I was usually served mostly cucumbers, tomatoes, chunks of feta cheese or sometimes one large slab of feta, olives and onions. At George's the feta cheese was crumbled very small and there was a lot of lettuce. My dinner portion was large, but mostly rice and vegetables. The portion of moussaka was small but quite delicious. Overall, I enjoyed my meal and the atmosphere. I would return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
California, USA
“Happy hour $2, 3, 4, 5 !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

What better way to taste some of the excellent greek food. Small bar 10 seats, small outdoor seating area (4 tables), very beautiful decoration inside the restaurant. We came for the happy hour and had great food and drinks. They have numerous locations through out O.C.. This location is in the "target" shopping mall (hard to find). Highly recommended. MeuterMedia

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Huntington Beach, California, United States
“Finally an excellent Greek restaurant in Huntington Beach/Westminster”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

George's Greek Cafe(original in Naples/Long Beach) has arrived in Huntington Beach in the Pavillion's shopping center next to the Lazy Dog Cafe. Excellent Greek entrees and fabulous service. Gyros, Saganaki all delicious. This is the place to go for Greek food in Huntington Beach/Westminster.

• Visited July 2013
Huntington Beach, California
“Delicious Authentic Greek Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Both the food and the service are excellent! We were waited on by one of the friendliest waitresses I've ever had, who was very knowledgable about the food and wine, and had some great recommendations for us. Having spent time in Greece, the food here is very authentic, and very good! We started off with the Saganaki, which the server lights on fire tableside; it was excellent. I had the Kleftico, which was wonderful! (It is only served on Fridays). We will definitely be returning!

• Visited July 2013