“I wouldn't stay here for free.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Westley Best Inn

You added Westley Best Inn to your Saves list
Westley Best Inn
7115 McCracken Rd, Westley, CA 95387 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Westley
Campbell River B.C.
“I wouldn't stay here for free.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I should have listened to my intuition right from the start. The office was locked when we arrived at 3:00PM and when I rang the bell the office clerk opened a dirty little window to speak to me. I asked for the room and he said the price was $45- again, I should have listened to that little voice in my head that told me "wow, that's a little TOO cheap !", but the place looked nice, so we went ahead. He confirmed that there was free WiFi and a continental breakfast starting at 7:00 AM. At first glance the room seemed nice and clean, and smelled nice, so we unpacked and went to scout out the town. When we returned, we found out that the price was really a lot more than the place was worth, but it was too late to check out and find something else. All the linens were a brownish grey color - the sheets included. The 2 facecloths were stained and disgusting. We got one bath towel and something that looked like a bath mat, all brownish grey. Then as I was laying on one of the beds I looked over to the other bed and saw garbage underneath - a milk bottle and some discarded papers. Who knows how long since it had been cleaned under there . Then I stood up and stepped in a puddle - of what, I don't know. I went to take my sock off and discovered that the bottom of both socks were black. So we wore our shoes the rest of the night, till bedtime. I had to call the office since we had no kleenex, 1/2 roll of toilet paper, no ice bucket and no coffee, just a pot. The clerk mumbled something about his coffee order not coming in , but we could get coffee at the office 24/7, and he sent someone else down with the other supplies. I also had to ask for a code for the internet, as he had neglected to mention a code when I first asked about internet . The next morning, we went for the continental breakfast at 7:15AM. Once again, the office door was locked, and a girl sitting inside got up to let us in. When I asked about the breakfast , she told me it didn't start till 8:00. I told her we had been told 7:00, so she got up to get something, but we told her to forget it. We were just going to get coffee, but saw only 1 pot, no cream or sugar, stir sticks, or anything else. By this time we were pretty disgusted with the whole place, and left. On the walk back to the room ( Room 114) I noticed that all the rooms had towels in the windowsills, sopping up water ?? These were maybe the same brownish towels hanging in our room !
When we got back home, I wrote to the head office of Americas Best Value , giving them a chance to respond before I posted on Tripadvisor - and never even got an acknowledgment. This place was a dump, and we will steer clear of it, now matter how much farther we have to go. And next time I'll listen to my intuition !

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
beverley hills
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

AS i travel this area often , but never stayed there. Theres only 1 flaw witch is the drivway ,i ask the the young lady (nisha) why dont they fix it ? she told me it was a shared road and they have no help from the others that use it .its a shame that they work so hard in this economy and the main people who benifit from it have no class or the professionalism as the young couple half there age . keep it up i will be back to this hotel

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Backnang, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed there for one night: the worst hotel we ever booked.

- reservation had not worked
- internet was down
- credit card payment was not possible (down too)
- pool was closed
- toilet was not working properly
- breakfast in the morning was only 2 types of cereals and milk, no coffee and not even a chair was in the lobby
- the room was shabby but passably clean

To mention a positive aspect: the night clerk was helpful. In contrast to that the clerk on duty in the morning was rather unfriendly. When we asked for coffee we were given a few packs of coffee to make it ourselves in our room. Thanks a lot!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
ameet p, General Manager at Westley Best Inn, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
to whom it may concern , sorry to hear about your stay ,we are under new managment as of 10-10-11 and will make it up to you if you do come our way , as an operator of this hotel i give you a night on me and promise you it will not be the same as last. just let us be your hotel of stay. thank you ,Ameet P
Oxnard
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We checked in and received a very good rate. Check into our room and found a/c not working. Checked with clerk who came and tried to fix it. Unable to fix it so we got a new room. A/c worked excellent. Couldn't open drapes. Hotel needs to put softner in laundry when doing towels. Bed and room very clean. Checked out at 715 a.m and lobby not open yet for limited breakfast. Free newspaper. This is an older hotel and it appears they are trying to clean it up but they need to do more. Will go back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Whittier, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

I had an OK 1 night stay although I have stayed at better motels in the area that are not much more expensive.

Here are the pros and cons of this motel:

Pros:
comfortable bed
clean room
inexpensive
bathroom light turns on by motion sensor
air conditioner works great
wi-fi
easy freeway on and off
room is reasonably large

Cons:
freeway noise (although I did sleep thru it OK)
there is no desk (I like to use my laptop at a desk rather than in my lap)
empty tissue dispenser
ice bucket but no glass, cup, or mug anywhere in the room (I have NEVER EVER before stayed in a room that did not have some sort of cup or glass in the room)
coffee maker in the room but no accessories (no coffee, stirrers, creamer, sugar, etc, why do they have the coffee maker in the room when you can't use it ????)
inadequate towels (one hand towel and one wash cloth in a room that could easily accommodate 2 persons)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Grover Beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

This motel has been there for a long time and only recently changed ownership. While it does need some work, the owners are trying hard to fix it up. The service is great and the owners worked very hard to make sure i was comfortable.
The rooms are good sized and comfortable and the price is very good.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at Westley Best Inn, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
just wanted to start off with thankyou , with all our hard work and time to make your stay comfortable we can do really do our end better if u let us know how your stay could be more enjoyable ,thanx again for choosing our fine hotel for for your stay in westley.
Coos Bay
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

Last month I stopped in Westley for the night. I got my room at the Americas Best Value inn. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. Its on the side of the freeway but the rooms were very nice and clean.and quiet. I enjoyed the breakfast and the free paper in the morning.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Been to Westley Best Inn? Share your experiences!