“Nice setting, great lighting” 4 of 5 stars

You added Westlake Village Inn to your Saves list
Westlake Village Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31943 Agoura Road, Westlake Village, CA 91361   |
Palo Alto, California
“Nice setting, great lighting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Stayed here four nights. The setting is nice, with a small lake and nice lawn areas. The room had the best lighting of any hotel I've stayed in. There were four excellent overhead lights plus three lamps in the main room. Bathroom had four overhead lights, too! Comfortable reading chair, plus ample desk and marble countered cabinet/dresser. Bathroom was large and recently remodeled with large shower (no tub), and had its own heater. Room was very clean, large with patio overlooking a lawn and gazebo. Though the free continental breakfast was mediocre, everything else about the restaurants was good.
Staff are friendly and helpful. Enjoyed an excellent massage from Patti in the spa!
Although this hotel is minutes from 101, it felt far away from freeway and congestion. Relaxing place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear califbikegal,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Westlake Village Inn and for sharing your experience with us. I am so happy that you enjoyed one of our newly remodeled bathrooms! We really tried to make the bathroom practical, but beautiful at the same time. I am very happy that you enjoyed your interactions with our team here and had the time to get a massage from Patti. She is one of the best and really does an amazing job with our guests. I appreciate your feedback on the Continental Breakfast and we will explore ways to improve that.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you back here at the Inn again soon!

Robert Witcher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed here because the Hyatt Westlake that I usually use was full. If all you want in a hotel is lovely grounds, a golf course nearby, and a pond near your room that you can look at, then you might like this hotel. Well, you might like it if you are very hard of hearing, because those ponds that are so lovely to look at contain about a million frogs, all of which screech (not croak) at night, and make it very noisy in any room near them. On the other hand, If you want a good hotel for working in the room and getting a good night's sleep, this is not your place.

The hotel seems to have been designed to attract families or other vacationers. While they have added flat screen TVs, no thought has been given to remodel in a way to make this a practical business stop. In my large room (sort of a suite), the desk was right next to the door, had no available outlets anywhere nearby, and pointed away from the TV and the window. It was a decoration desk, not a working desk. Also, the water pressure is quite poor (as other reviews have mentioned).

All the people were very nice, and the facilities were clean. Still, it was so impractical, and I got such poor sleep (given my still good hearing), I cannot recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room far away from any pond.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear EyesToTheSky A,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Westlake Village Inn and for giving us your feedback. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your interactions with our staff and that you found our facility to be clean and well kept. I would like to apologize for the challenge that you experienced with respect to the sounds of nature that interfered with your stay. I appreciate your feedback on our room setup as well and will keep that in mind as we are always looking for ways to improve the property for our guests.

Thank you again for staying with us here at the Westlake Village Inn.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I LOVE this hotel. It's quaint and lovely. It has so much charm. It's how Ojai valley inn and spa was 15 years ago before it got so Hollywood! Pool is wonderful. The grounds are magnificent. It's worth it to pay a bit more to have a mini suite so you get the fireplace. Food is really good also. GREAT place for a wedding...wish I was planning one!! We have stayed twice and each time we can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask to face rose garden
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Leigh S.,
Thank you for returning to the Westlake Village Inn! It is great to hear from our return guests and have the opportunity to thank you so much for your loyalty and kind words. The Inn is truly a charming property that combines a beautiful ambiance with amazing amenities. I am so glad that you and your husband have enjoyed your stays with us. The Mini Suite is a beautiful room and I have to say that a fireplace is one of the most romantic amenities in a room to me.

Thank you again for your kind words and I look forward to seeing you back at the Inn again soon.

chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

This is were I stay when in town on business. I also bring friends and family when i can. It feels like california..... the grounds, the buidlings, the atmosphere. The restaurants are nice and convenient - the pool is sweet. I have been coming for nearly a decade - and i think it just keeps getting better.

I/We will be back!

Room Tip: Never had a bad room!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear p-mshires,
Thank you so much for your kind words and years of loyalty to the Westlake Village Inn! It is a pleasure to hear from someone who has such history with the property and has been a witness to our evolution throughout the years. The Inn definitely has the versatility to be a tranquil getaway for family and friends while still having the facilities and service to assist those who travel for business. I am so happy that you have enjoyed your stays with us and hope to meet you when you return.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

The property was absolutely amazing! We stayed with our family of 5 in a large suite with a bedroom, walk in closet and kitchenette. The room was huge and large enough to accommodate two adults and 3 children. The pool area was immaculate and inviting. The winery was amazing as were the restaurants on site. The grounds are stunning. It's a short drive to Malibu and the beach. If we're in the area again, we will stay here.

Room Tip: The suites are much nicer than the regular rooms. If you're traveling with children you will wan...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Jer7035805,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Westlake Village Inn and for sharing your experience with us. I am so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time here at the property. Our suites do offer amazing versatility in that they can be warm and functional for a family such as yours or romantic if the occasion calls for it as well. There is so much to do here on property from our Food & Beverage outlets to our Tennis Club and it creates such a nice experience to be able to do this all in one place. I am happy that you had the time and opportunity to experience that during your stay.

We look forward to seeing you back here at the Inn again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this property the weekend of the 8th & 9th. The room was clean, comfortable and quite spacious. The restaurants and the bars on the property provide for a number of options depending on your mood and the time of day. Food and service were exceptional. There is a remodeling occurring in one of the buildings at this time which distracts from the overall scenery, but it appears the management is trying to lessen the overall impact it has on your visit here. The hotel staff was very attentive and accommodating when the room I was originally given at check in was found to have been missed by housekeeping. They promptly sent someone over to move me and my luggage to a new, cleaned room. I'm very impressed with this property and am trying to book another trip to this area so my wife and I can enjoy this inn.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Robert W, Rooms Director at Westlake Village Inn, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear drjcraven,
Thank you for your recent stay and kind words about the Westlake Village Inn. The variety of offerings and the scenery of our property is definitely one of our strongest assets. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and sincerely appreciate your kind words about our team here at the Inn and I will be sure to share your compliments with them. We are very fortunate to have ownership that is constantly reinvesting into the property and I appreciate your understanding during the work that we are doing.

We look forward to seeing you here at the Inn again soon!

Calabasas, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Where to begin....

Instead of writing a long detailed review, i'll just state that the hotel staff is rude, inept and entitled. Specifically a manager named Setareh.

After a string of bad experiences over the past two days including rude reception employees at check-in, small dull rooms (especially for the price), having to walk to reception because they dont pick up the phone, sinks that are clogged and have backwards faucets (wierd i know!), and empty promises of improvment, this manager Setareh was not only not able to offer any help whatsover, she actually tried to demean me by saying "calm down and breath" when i walked (since they dont pick up the phone) to reception to tell them I had enough and was checking out immidietaly (incidentally, it was 10pm on my wedding night).

Setareh continued to argue and attempt to demean me over needing to charge me for that night. My reply.... I could care less and wont spend one more second in a hotel with these employees/managers and customer service like i had received.

Do yourself a favor and dont waste the money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Brett K.,
Thank you for your recent stay at the Westlake Village Inn and congratulations on your recent marriage! We wish you both the best as you begin your new life together. We always pride ourselves on delivering great customer service and I apologize that we did not deliver that in this instance. I would like to assist you further. Please contact me directly at Robert_witcher@wvinn.com so that I can assist you.

Robert Witcher

Been to Westlake Village Inn? Share your experiences!